Chapter 34: Training Camp

Third Person P.O.V.

"Are you serious? There's now way we'll get all the way there in time! Sometimes I think Aizawa is really trying to make us fail!", Mineta groaned as they all made their way to the forest. "Isn't this too much?"

"I don't like this. It's too easy.", Izuku said, deep in thought. "There must be more to this..."

"Do you seriously want more? What do you mean-", Mineta began, but was cut off by Momo.

"I agree something is... off about this.", she said. "A simple walk would be too easy, and he wouldn't make us get hiking gear just to send us on a hike without it. There's more to it."

As if on cue, a massive monster that seemed to be made out of dirt appeared from behind one of the trees, and attacked Mineta, who fell over and pissed his pants in fear.

"WHAT THE FU-"

Immediately, Izuku teleported behind the monster and kicked it's head off using 10% One For All.

"I knew it. This must be Pixie-Bob.", Izuku muttered as he studied the earth monsters half-crumbled remains like a scientist would study a test subject. "We'll probably have to fight these earth monsters on our way there, so we should make a plan on the way there. Any ideas?"

"I think I have a plan.", Momo said as she stared straight to the camps general direction with a piercing gaze.

"Perfect! What is it?", Izuku asked with a serious yet comforting expression.

"Well, our first problem will be finding where exactly the camp is, but I have an idea for that too. After we find exactly where we have to go, we need to move as a group.", Momo said confidently. "We need to keep the outside with our close range fighters, like Bakugo, Iida and you, and keep the sensory types like Jiro and Shoji in the middle, so that they will be protected. In between our close rangers and the sensory unit, we'll put our long rangers such as Todoroki and Kaminari."

"I agree. Should we put Kacchan in the rear and me in front, or the other way around? My 360° vision will keep me from getting attacked from behind, but the person in front also has to know where to lead us.", Izuku added. "Also, I think we should assume these earth bois are relatively weak, considering Pixie-Bob has to control a lot of them at a time for them to be a real challenge."

"Yes, about that. I think it's better to have you lead us from the front, and Bakugo to take up the rear with somebody else that he can switch out with in case he gets injured.", Momo said as she began drawing a diagram on the dirt below them. "I also agree with the earth monsters being weak."

"Great! Now, what type of formation do we use? Tortoise, teardrop or simple circle?", Izuku asked as he studied the diagram.

"Raindrop will probably be best, with Bakugo and the other close ranger being the thin end of the formation.", Momo answered as she studied her half finished diagram.

The rest of the class only stood in awe as Izuku and Momo continued to rattle of about formations, close rangers, and how long this would all take.

"WHAT THE HECK? ARE YOU GUYS REALLY HIGH SCHOOLERS?", Mineta shouted.

Izuku and Momo both stared at him with confused looks, and nodded at the same time.

"Anyways, another big question is where Todoroki should go. Should he be on the inside with the rest if the long rangers, or should he focus on one side?", Izuku asked. "If he covers the left or right side, I'm sure that side will be perfectly covered due to the attributes of his quirk."

"Our best bet is to put him on the right side, as he's more comfortable using his right side anyway.", Momo answered. "I think we should put Kirishima, Tokoyami, Tsuyu and Mina all on the left side to make up for the lack of Todoroki on that side."