Chapter 44: High End

Third Person P.O.V

"Anyways, is there something you wanted to talk to me about Eri?", Momo asked. "Everybody here are good people, so you can trust us!"

Just before Eri answered, a policeman burst into the room, panting and with a panicked expression.

"A villain has appeared in the middle of the city!", he announced with evident terror in his voice. "It's causing destruction and injuring civilians!"

There was a pause, then Momo spoke up. "What are you expecting us to do about it? Aren't there any other heroes that can take care of it? We really aren't in the best condition to be fighting right now."

The policeman frantically shook his head. "We've already deployed every hero possible, but they've all been taken out.", he answered. "I'm afraid that we're in one of the worst possible situations right now. I was sent here by Tsukauchi to... to request that you heroes help. I realise that this isn't the best of timing but please... I beg of you. My wife and kids are in there!"

Everybody looked at each other with uneasy faces, and more than a few of the started to sweat.

"I understand that this is a desperate situation sir, but... there's nearly nothing any of us can do...", Momo said softly. "Most of us are already injured, and already past our limits..."

The policeman hung his head, then straightened up. "I understand. I apologise for pressuring you...", he said quietly. "I will take my leave now."

"No. I won't let this happen.", Izuku suddenly said as he stood up. "We're heroes, are we not? Pushing ourselves  past our limits is our job. If this job was easy then why would we go through hours of grueling training? I don't know what you guys are going to do, but my mind is already set. I'm gonna take out that villain, even if I die trying."

Everybody looked around at each other, but all traces of doubt were gone. They all felt tired as dirt, and wanted to crawl into a ball and sleep, but they were also rejuvenated.

"Then we'll all go with you.", Momo said confidently. "We're heroes after all."

Izuku grinned, then opened a portal. "Then let's do our job."

They all stepped through the portal, but at that moment, they had no idea that this would become a pivotal point in their lives, and that this very day would be imprinted in their minds forever.

Looks like I'm back! I know this chapter is really short, but it's the best I could do with the time I have right now. I know that hiatus was way too long, but don't worry. I won't be taking a break that long in the near future. Updates will be a little slow, but it's the best I can do for now. Hope you guys enjoy!