Chapter 15: Inko

Third Person P.O.V.

Izuku woke up to a small, throbbing pain in his ribs, in a hospital bed.

'What the... where am I?', Izuku asked himself. After the pain in his ribs subsided, he took in his surroundings. It was a normal hospital room, with nothing out of the ordinary. He had a blankey on, there was the ever present two chairs to one side, the posters on the walls, and the beautiful girl in a third chair... wait, what?

Izuku froze when he saw the girl, and wondered what was going on.

'What had happened? I remember going to the... USJ with the class, and we were starting to train when... oh no.', he thought as he remembered the events at the USJ.

He looked back at the girl, who was sleeping with her head on his lap and realized who she was.

"M-Momo?", he exclaimed in surprise. 'Why is she there? What time is it?', he thought to himself as he realised that the girl he felt he had a crush on had her head on his lap, sleeping. He looked for a clock, and found one on his bedside. It read 8:25 a.m.

'Was she here the entire night? Wait, what day is it?', he asked himself. Suddenly, he felt Momo stirring. He panicked and pretended to be asleep, and let his head droop to one side.

Momo lifted her head and yawned. Her eyes were puffy, and it looked like she had been crying. "What time... 8:25?", she said with another small yawn. She stood up and looked down at Izuku. The bedsheets had gotten messed up at his chest, so she fixed it with care, making Izuku blush in silence. Momo didn't notice the blush, and stared at his closed eyes. She sighed to herself and sat back down.

"Izuku... please come back... we've all missed you so much for the past 3 days...", she said quietly to herself. Izuku took this opportunity to wake up, and opened his eyes. He lifted his head and looked at Momo, who's head was down again.

"M-Momo?", he called to her. Momo jumped from the chair so high from surprise that she almost hit her head on the ceiling, and landed on her feet.

"I-Izuku?!?! You're awake?", she shouted in alarm. "Thank goodness!"

She jumped to him and hugged him as hard as she could, holding the hug for a solid 10 seconds. Suddenly, she realised what she was doing and jumped back with a massive blush on her face.

"S-Sorry about that...", she said while looking away from Izuku. Izuku was also blushing fiercely, and he answered, "I-It's fine..."

There was an awkward silence, but it was broken when Momo suddenly slapped Izuku on the face, albeit not as hard as she could.

"W-What was that for?!?!", Izuku asked in surprise. He looked at Momo, and was surprised that he could find tears in her eyes.

"Y-You idiot! Do you know how much everyone has been worrying about you? We were told that you probably wouldn't die, but there was still a chance! We've been waiting for so long! Three days! Do you know how long those three days were?!?!", she shouted with tears streaming down her face. "I-I don't know what I would've done if yo-", she started saying, but was cut off.

Izuku had gotten up from his hospital bed and had wrapped her in a hug tighter than the one she had given him before.

"I-I'm sorry.", he said quietly. "I didn't think about your-or anyone's feelings when I rushed into the fight... I know what it feels like to have someone you care about in the hospital with no way of knowing if when they'll wake up, if they do at all... I promise... I'll take you all into consideration next time..."

She cried into his shoulder, and he just held her like he was afraid he would lose her. Finally, she pulled away from the hug, and smiled at Izuku.

"Thank you... but enough about my feelings... the rest of the class will want to meet you.", she said, then got her phone out. She texted everyone that Izuku had woken up, and the entire class got to the hospital as fast as they could, including some Class B students.

Once they all got there, they were all out of breath from running as hard as they could to see if their friend was ok.

"Izuku! Thank goodness you are all right!", Iida shouted in his unique way of shouting.

"Finally. I was beginning to wonder when you would wake up, idiot.", Bakugo said with a relieved smile on his face.

"That fight of yours was so manly! It inspired me so much!", Kirishima shouted with manly tears leaking from his manly eyes.

"Yeah, what he said!", Tetsu Tetsu shouted.

As Izuku was bombarded with congratulations about recovering and questions about his fight with the villains, he noticed multiple things. Kirishima and Mina were alot closer than normal, and so was Uraraka and Bakugo, and Ojiro and Hagakure seemed to have gotten closer too. But Izuku, being the dense person that he was, dismissed all of this as simply being friends.

Suddenly, he noticed Aizawa (Covered with bandages) and All Might in skeletal form at the doorway, and he was smiling.

"Aizawa sensei! Are you already healed?", he shouted in surprise to see the teacher already walking.

"Yeah, thanks to your heroics. But enough about that. I think there's someone you'd like to meet.", he answered with a smile showing under the bandages.

'Aizawa smiling? This must be something big.', Izuku thought to himself. He looked to All Might for guidance, and saw him smiling at him. He was starting to get really curious about who it was when All Might moved into the room, revealing a person behind him at the doorway. It was a beautiful woman with hair the same colour as his, with the same heart warming smile, and the same eyes as him.

Izuku felt tears start streaming down his cheeks as he subconsciously walked through the crowd of students, straight to the woman, who was also crying too.

"M-Mom? H-How?", he managed to say, then completely broke down when he reached her. She brought him into the most motherly hug that could ever exist, and they shared a moment crying into each other's shoulders. The students, seeing this, left the room in silence, giving Izuku and his mother some space while they continued to cry.