Chapter 8: Preparation

Time skip 3 months

Izuku P.O.V.

After only three more months, I had finished cleaning the beach. When All Might saw how much work I had done, he seemed shocked.

"Y-Young Midoriya... did you really do all of this?", he asks.

"Yep", I say happily. "And it took me less time than I thought it would take!"

"Oh my... oh my... OH MY GOODNESS!", All Might exclaimed as he changed to muscle form. "How is this possible? How dedicated can you get?"

I blush at his compliments. "I just tried as hard as I could, I guess...", I answer.

"Hmmmm... try using One for All now.", he says.

"How?", I ask. I have no idea how to use One for All, so I can't really do anything.

"Imagine squeezing your buttocks and yell SMASH in your head."

I try what he told me to do and punched at the ocean.

The wind pressure from my punch was so powerful that it parted the water in half. The problem was, my arm broke right after the punch. I guess my body still couldn't use the full power yet.

All Might clapped. "Good job! We should go somewhere to help your arm though..." he says.

I nodded my head through the pain, so All Might picks me up and super-jumped to a place I recognized as UA.

"Wait here", he said. He ran inside, and came out with an old woman.

She hobbled over to me while grumbling something about overexerting myself or something like that. She kissed me on the arm, and I'm fully healed! Kinda tired though.

All Might thanked the old woman then looked to me.

"Have a break from your training today! I have some hero things to deal with, so you should go back home or whatever teens do nowadays."

He then jumped away, leaving me by myself. I sighedto myself, thinking 'What do I do now? I didn't make any plans for today... Normally I would go to the beach to train, but I finished that now. Hmmmm.... whatever. I'll just go back home for now.'

I teleported back to the beach and picked up my stuff, disappointed that training was cut short today.

As I was walking to the library to pick up some books, I noticed Momo at the sidewalk again.

Up to this point, I had grown pretty close to Momo, or at least I hoped so. We would talk and eat together sometimes. I was even invited to her house a couple of times where I helped out Chisai with his quirk, then talked more with Momo.

I sneaked up behind Momo so that I could surprise her. When I got a meter behind her, I noticed that she was talking to herself. I know that it isn't good to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help it.

"I wonder if I really do like him... he's really nice and a good person and attractive... I don't know what to do!", I heard her say.

'Who is she talking about?' I thought to myself.

"There's no way he likes me back, he probably thinks I'm a spoiled rich girl.", Momo said with a hint of disappointment.

At this point, I'm super confused. 'Who is she talking about?'.

I decided that it probably didn't concern me, so I decided to proceed with scaring her. Coming up from behind her, I yelled "BOO!", right at her.

"AHHH!", she yelled in surprise. She turned around and saw me.

"Why did you do that?", Momo shouted with a blush. Then she seemed to realize who I was.

She laughed. "I guess you got me this time Izuku! I'll get you back for sure!", she said.

I laughed too, then decided to ask her what she had been talking to herself about.

"So who is this guy you were talking to yourself about? I asked her.

She seemed super flustered. "Y-You heard all of that?"

I nodded my head yes.

Her face got super red and she looked away. "It's nobody! I was just... thinking!"

I nodded my head. "Ok. So are you doing anything today?", I asked, wanting to clear up the awkwardness.

"N-No. Why?"

"Want to get something to eat?", I asked.

"Sure..."

After we ate at a restaurant, we began talking. Normally we talked about random things that we both have interests in, such as music, math and our favourite heroes. Today we talked about heroes again.

As we were talking, I lost track of the time, and realized it was already 7 p.m.

"Oh shoot, I have to go now!", I shouted as I check my watch.

Momo checked her watch too. "Me too! Well, see you next time!", she shouted as she left.

After she left, I sighed. I know I have a crush on her, but I know there's no way that she likes me back. She even had somebody else she likes

Momo P.O.V.

As I walked away, I couldn't keep my mind off Izuku. I know I like him, but I feel like he only sees me as a friend. I don't want to risk our friendship, but my heart still flutters whenever I'm around him.

In the middle of my train of thought, I remember that the UA entrance exams are in 2 months. I'm already in due to recommendations, but I still need to prepare myself for the school year.

When I arrived home, I resolved to train hard starting now, and not go to visit Izuku's training as it was a distraction. I had to my mind clear.

Izuku  P.O.V.

After clearing my thoughts of Momo, I decided to stop thinking about her for for the time being until I got into UA. I then headed to the hospital, to visit my mom. As I sat next to her, I began to think about One for All, and more specifically how to use it efficiently. After a few hours, I realized that using my legs would be better than my arms, as they were stronger already. Also, I realized that I could to spread the power of One for All throughout my entire body instead of focusing in one spot. When I called All Might about it, he seems surprised that I was progressing so quickly. He told me that I could probably use up to 58% power of One for All without being worried about any after affects. I was happy at the fact that my progress was going quickly.

I got back home and went to sleep. I decided that I had to find another training regimen for the next 2 months before the exams.

I followed a plan recommended by All Might, and in a month and 3 weeks, my percentage increased to 20%.

I haven't seen much of Momo at all these past few weeks, but I'm so focused on getting stronger that I barely notice most of the time.

With 2 days to go until the exam, I went to sleep. I know that I'll need this rest, because tomorrow will be the day that Kacchan returns from America, and I really want to test out my new strength while testing his strength too.