Chapter 50: The Truth

Third Person P.O.V - Japan

Two months, Two weeks and Three days.

That's how long Izuku had been in the other dimension. No food, no water. He always felt like he was going to drop dead from lack of food at any second, but it never happened. But, obviously, he was tired, so he spent the first three days in a hospital bed asleep, getting fed nutrients through a tube. He was never alone, with Momo, Bakugo or his mother always staying with him, and within a week he had made a miraculous full recovery. The doctors couldn't explain it, as they had been expecting him to be bedridden for at least 3 months. He had been more physcologically  scarred if anything.

And thats why Izuku was now walking to a therapist, with Momo accompanying him.

"Are you sure you're ok to walk around?", Momo asked worryingly. "Don't try to force yourself, it's fine if you rest some more."

"I'm fine!", Izuku said brightly. "Never been better! Anyways, I want to get caught up on all the details. What's been happening over here?"

"Nothing too eventful.", Momo answered. "Our little group was really focused on trying to get you back, but in your absence a lot of the injured heroes got back into action. They must've been inspired by your fight against that Nomu, but it looks like peace has been more or less restored."

"I don't mean that.", Izuku said as he took in the sunlight. "What's being going on with you? Has anything happened to you? How's Chisai doing?"

"He's just fine.", Momo answered. "A little shaken up from his hero disappearing, but fine nonetheless. And me... I've been better, but I'm doing fine. Just happy everything is returning to normal."

"That's good to hear.", Izuku said, and they walked in silence for the rest of the walk, enjoying each others company.

Another week later, Izuku's mental health was completely restored, a testament to his resilient personality. Him and his classmates went back to being students instead of heroes, and life was beginning to return to how they were before the Nomu. One constant was the fame.

"Can we get your autograph?", a group of young male students asked. "We're just massive fans of you!"

"Sure, no problem.", Izuku answered. He signed the pictures, and went on his way to the police station.

He entered the building, and went straight for the office of one Naomasa Tsukauchi.

"Did you call?', he asked at the doorway, and Tsukauchi looked up from his desk. He had been studying a folder of papers, which he neatly put away.

"Please, sit down.", Tsukauchi said as he gestured to the seat on the other side of the desk, and Izuku complied. "I'm sure you're wondering why I called you here so suddenly."

"Yeah. What is it? Is there a problem?", Izuku asked.

"Kind of. You obviously remember how we captured All for One."

"Yeah."

"Well, we've been trying to interrogate for the past few months that we've had him, but he refuses to speak. He said that the only person he would speak to-"

"Is me."

"Yes. I know that it's only been two weeks since you.. returned, so it might be insensitive for me to ask this, but... do you think you can talk to him?"

Izuku pondered the question for a moment, then answered.

"Of course I can do that. I have a lot of questions for him myself, so this works in my interest too. When can I speak to him?"