Chapter 39: Consequences

Third Person P.O.V.

"What do you want to eat?", Uraraka asked as she stared at the menu. "Wow... there's everything here..."

"I'm down for anything.", Izuku answered, and Momo and Iida nodded in agreement.

"Me too.", Kirishima and Todoroki both said, so everybody turned to Bakugo.

"FUCKING PIZZA!!!", he screamed for no apparent reason at all, so they all ordered pizza.

"Anyways, how did you beat that villain so easily, Izuku?", Uraraka asked as she took a bite of her pizza. "He was strong enough to beat down All Might, and even beat Endeavor in one punch, but you beat him in one punch! Are you stronger than them?"

"Oh... the thing is, he was holding back on me...", Izuku said nervously, running the back of his head. "He could've probably easily beated me if he really wanted to."

Everybody frowned. "Why was he going easy on you?"

Momo just looked at Izuku with concern, worried about how he would answer. He noticed this, and forced on a smile.

"There's really no point in keeping the secret from you guys now anyways, so I'll tell you.", Izuku sighed. "That villain is my biological father."

The entire table dropped their jaws in shock, and most of them didn't have any words for this sudden bomb.

"What?!?!", Bakugo shouted. "I was told that your dad had to work overseas!"

Izuku smiled awkwardly. "I had thought that too, but I was proved wrong a while ago. He then recounted how he found out about his lineage to All for One from All Might, leaving out any parts about One for All.

"Oh... that makes some sense, actually.", Kirishima said thoughtfully. "It's like Star Wars!"

Izuku laughed. "Yeah, I guess it is!"

"Anyways, so he went easy on you because you're his son?", Bakugo asked as he leaned forward, eager for answers.

"Y-Yeah... I guess he feels bad for leaving me and my mom.", Izuku said, then his face suddenly tightened, as if he had just remembered something painful. "Anyways, it's no big deal. He's been put into Tartaros anyways, so it wont matter. Plus, all the League of Villains got arrested too, so we don't really have anything to worry about!"

The rest of his friends agreed, and try continued to eat in silence. The entire time, Momo felt that something was off about Izuku, but she couldn't put her finger on it. He just seemed bothered by something.

"Hey guys.", he suddenly said, and everybody looked up at him. "Remember that one guy who dropped the paper? With the bird mask?"

"Yeah.", Momo said as she nodded. "What about him?"

Izuku stared down at his pizza with a weird look. "I don't know, but there's something about him that I just can't shake off. I... I feel like I've seen him before, when I was researching villains..."

"Researching villains?", Kirishima inquired with confusion.

"Yeah, I had taken notes on villains as well as heroes ever since I was younger, because I was fascinated by their quirks and powers. There was one group that caught my eye though... have you guys heard of the Eight Precepts of Death?"

Momo nodded quickly. "Yeah, I remember hearing Mt Lady talking about them before. Why?"

"Their masks... are identical to the one that that man was wearing. I might be being paranoid, but it's unmistakable.", Izuku said. "I think that man is one of them."