chapter 1- Volleyball

Hinata Shoyo

I came to Karasuno, with big goals, to beat the 'King of the Court', but alas, who knew, the King ended up as my ally. Tobio Kageyama came to Karasuno as well, and with him as the setter, I could get past any blocker.

He was really tall, at least 180cm, perhaps even taller. He was really intense and scary at times, especially when I screw up during a game. His eyes were narrow and cold grey, his hair was black and laid down, unlike mine... I wonder how it would be like to run my fingers through his hair...

"Hinata! " He shouted, and a ball came straight at my face.

Sigh, day dreaming again during a match. We were playing against the neighborhood volleyball team.

"Hinata! Are you ok? "Daichi asked, the club's captain.

I nodded, rubbing my head, "I-I'm fine. "

The boys crowded around me but in between Tanaka and Daichi, I could see Kageyama glaring at me with his cold grey eyes, emitting a murderous aura. I could almost see fire crackling in his eyes.

Scary.

I stood up and backed away from him, "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! "

"Hinata! What do you think you are doing day dreaming in a match? You have been doing it recently. What is your problem?" He asked angrily, stomping towards me.

I grinned sheepishly, I didnt know what to answer, "uh.... "I stared down at my feet.

He grabbed me by my collar and pulled me up.

"If you do this in a real match, we are going to lose. We cant keep making mistakes if we want to win. " He said loudly and angrily.

I looked up at him, our face so close, I could see all the details on his face. His lips, his eyes... He made me feel so... Weird.

"I'm sorry, don't be angry. " I apologized softly.

"Hey, now, Kageyama, put him down. " Suga said, putting a hand on Kageyama's shoulder.

"Tch, " and he dropped me and I fell to the ground.

My legs were all jelly from his scolding. He was really, really scary.

Tanaka came over and whispered, "hey, hey, I saw you staring at Kageyama, what were you thinking eh? Thinking about him? "

My cheeks turned red and I pushed Tanaka away, "no! Why would i? "

Tanaka put a hand on his mouth and laughed.

"Why would I be thinking about that King? " I shouted loudly and I immediately regretted it.

"Hinata Shoyo..."

I went sprinting away from Kageyama, "Gomennasai! Gomennasai!"

"You little shrimp! Get back here!" and he tried to catch me.

~after a few minutes~

Both of us collapsed onto the ground, trying to catch our breaths.

He hit me hard on the back of my head, "I said dont call me King! "

"Sorry. " I said.

After a while, we got our breath back.

"Can we continue our match now? " Daichi asked us.

We nodded and returned to the court. It was Kageyama's turn to serve.

"Kageyama nice serve! "

He threw the ball high in the air and ran forwards, making a jump and hitting the ball straight towards the opponent.