chapter 24- Choices

Kageyama Tobio

Hinata decided to skip the song. I didnt mind, I wasn't a good singer. He made a wish and blew the candle. He gave me half of the cake and he ate it pretty quickly.

I was surprised. I found the cake... Quite dry honestly.

"Hinata, isn't the cake dry? "

"A little, but it's still pretty good. " he smiled at me. He is so cute.... I blushed and turned away.

We finished our cake and we just sat on the sofa and watched Netflix.

Then I remembered something.

I went to the kitchen and opened the fridge to take out an opened packet of pockys. I didnt finish using them for the cake so I had a few extras.

"You wanna play the pocky game? " I asked.

"Ooo OK! " Hinata said happily.

I pulled out one and each of us bit an end. He got the side with chocolate because he insisted.

We slowly nibbled in, going closer and closer until... Crack. Hinata broke the stick.

"Hah, I'm sure that means I win." I said happily, finished the rest of  the pocky left.

Hinata pouted, "I want a rematch! "

"Haha, OK. "

I took out another one and began our rematch, only for Hinata to lose again. He lost all five rounds with me. I suspect it's because I had height advantage.

He got so angry he started jumping around.

"Oi, Dumbass, stop jumping in my house!" I grabbed his hair and he stopped jumping.

"I want a rematch!!! " he half shouted at me.

"You are gonna lose anyway, " I teased him, grinning.

"Only if you'd bend lower then I'll be able to win! " he said angrily, "bend down! "

"Let's sit down. " I said, going to the sofa.

Hinata followed and sat beside me, turning to face me.

"It's the last one, OK? " I said, holding up the last stick.

"Fine. "

We started nibbling the end, we got closer to each other than before since Hinata didn't break it. Finally, we finished it and our lips touched. Before he could move away, I put my hand behind his head for a long kiss.

When I let go, he looked at me, blinking furiously while grinning.

"Kageyama, you are like the best boyfriend ever. " he said.

"Of course I am. " I grinned.

"But then again you are the worst boyfriend ever. "

"Whaaaat did you just say Dumbass? " I grabbed his hair.

"Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow. Leggo of me! " I released my grip.

He looked up at me and grinned, "and that's why I love you. "

"Humph. " I turned away, blushing. Hinata's smile makes him so cute I thought I was going to melt.

I hugged me from behind, "you aren't mad at me for calling your the worst boyfriend ever, right? "

"No, as long as you love me, I'm fine. "

We decided it was late and we should go to sleep. I set up a mattress beside my bed for Hinata but he said he wanted to sleep on my bed.

"Revenge for sleeping on my bed! " he said.

I rolled my eyes and gave in. He even took my bolster so all I had for that night was a mini pillow.

~time skip with kiyoka hitting the bottle with a serve and Hinata surfing into the net~

Hinata Shoyo

After school, I returned home to see my father sitting at the dining table. He fixed me with an intimidating stare.

"Sit. " he pointed to the chair in front of him.

My father used to be a really nice, caring, peaceful person but when he found out I was going out with a boy, he started hating me.

He didn't beat around the bush, he got straight to the point. "About that... Boy..."

He never called Kageyama by his name, I guess he was disgusted by Kageyama too.

"I give you two choices. You break up with him and stay away from him, but you get to stay at Karasuno. "

"And what's the other one...? "

"You go to Aoba Johsai and never see him again. " my father said firmly, slamming a hand onto the table such that the things on it rattled.

I was shocked and angry, I know he didn't like the fact that I was gay, but why did he want to push us away so badly?

"But you can't just go that! Mom won't let you! " I stood up, speaking angrily.

"I don't care what your mother says. It's not natural and I will not allow it! " he too, stop up, towering over me, glaring at me like I was a slug.

"Why do you hate it so much? What's so wrong about it? It's just love. " I said desperately. I could hear the quaver in my voice. My eyes started to water but I tried to hold them back.

"It's unnatural love! I don't care what you say. I will not allow it! You make your choice before Friday or you'll be going to Aoba Johsai! "

I wanted to shout at him, but the words were stuck in my throat. I felt I lump in throat and I just ran into my room and shut it tight. I face planted into my bed and cried.

The world was so against us for some reasons.