chapter 6- The Ring

Kageyama Tobio

I knew I was awake, but I refused to open my eyes. I knew it was morning since I could see orange hues in my eyes.

The bed was so comfortable and warm. The pillow was soft and most of all, it smelled like Hinata.

It smelled like Hinata...

Wait a freaking second.

IT SMELLED LIKE HINATA?!

My eyes flew open and I sat up quickly. I was in an unfamiliar room and I was wearing clothes slightly too big for me, which mean it wasn't mine.

Beside me, there was another messy mattress that indicated that someone else had slept there.

I saw Hinata's bag beside mine and I realized, it wasn't a dream.

I was really there at the bus stop. 

I was really hugging him.

I really crashed at his place!

A little girl walked past the open door and we looked at each other. She blinked for a bit and shouted.

"O-niiichannn*! Your boyfriend is awake! "

Say what? Boyfriend?

"Oi! Natsu! He isn't my boyfriend, we are just friends! " I heard Hinata shout together with footsteps.

"But you slept in the same-oof!" Hinata had carried Natsu to some where else and came back to his room.

"Kageyama, good morning, come on my mom cooked breakfast. "

I just stared at him frowning. He agreed to let me crash at his place. Why?

Oh yea

Because I refused to let go off him and to go home.

Dang I hoped he didn't think I was a pain in the butt.

He noticed me frowning and asked, "what? Worried about your parents? "

"O-Oh, no, they aren't home this week. They are on their stu- on their business trip. " I said, I almost said 'stupid business trip' I didn't need him to know more about my stupid family.

"Oh... Anyway, my mom made breakfast, let's go! " He said before rushing back.

I knew he knew I was hiding something, but thankfully, he didn't push me.

I combed my hair with my fingers, trying to make it look more presentable, but it still looked slightly messy.

I stretched and went out to the dining room.

Apparently, Hinata's mother had made an extra portion for me. It was some dry noodles and miso soup.

I sat down beside Hinata and picked up the chopsticks.

"Oh! Thanks Hinata's mother. " I said, slightly inclining my head towards her.

She smiled, "it's alright... Kageyama, was it? "

I nodded and started on my noodles as Hinata was already busy stuffing his face with it.

It tasted great, as compared to years of dry bread with butter for breakfast.

"This is good! " I said, mouth half full.

"It's nothing, just noodles with some sauce. " Hinata's mother said, "I have washed your clothes and put it in your bag."

"I-uhm, thank you very much. " I said. I wasn't used to having someone helping me so much, I always did everything myself.

We finished the noodles in about five minutes and Hinata's mother asked Hinata, "so, who are you bringing to the movies? "