chapter 26- Running away from home

Hinata Shoyo

I wore my uniform, it felt weird, it was green and white, instead of black.

The school looked bigger than Karasuno, and for some reasons, it made me even more nervous. I grabbed my bag and walked in, trying to find the second year classrooms. I was going to be late and I haven't found the classrooms. I started panicking and ran around and accidentally slammed into a tall guy.

"Oh s-sorry! "

I looked up and thankfully, it wasnt oikawa.

"EH, who are you, shorty. " he said, studying me like I was an unexpected result from an experiment.

"I-Im Hinata Shoyo! A new second year. I-im trying to find class 1!" my voice seemed higher than unexpected.

"Ohhh, lucky you, I am from class 1, come with me. " he grabbed my shirt and pulled me along with him, smirking evilly. I had a really bad feeling already.

I was brought to the right classroom luckily and I scanned around the classroom, everyone was probably at least 170cm! They all looked pretty scary. The teacher introduced me and I sat at the front corner, in between this two huge dudes that were probably at least 180.

During lunch time, I sat alone and opened my bento. I missed having Kageyama sit beside me. During lunch, I could occasionally steal some of his food and take a sip out of his milk. But now, I'm just a lonely little shrimp.

I was minding my own business when I group of mixed gender came to my table. I thought they wanted to become friends or something but they started teasing me, calling me names. I sighed and ignored them. They then took my bag and threw it away. They took my bento and threw away the food. I tried to stop them but they were too big. Some of them were taking video and photos. I felt humiliated. I guess class 1 is where all the more horrible students go to.

I had a feeling that this was not going to end soon and I was probably right. I wanted to die pretty badly, but I didn't do anything to make it happen though.

A few months flew by pretty quickly. My grades were good, I was pretty much the worse in class, I had no friends, the teachers didn't like me since I was usually blamed by other student when something bad happens. I was called the idiot shrimp and was humiliated online.

I was beaten at home for getting bad grades. I haven't seen Kageyama ever since I left Karasuno. My thoughts were reduced to just "why am I still living" and "why do I deserve this".

Sometimes I would play with the volleyball I had. I'd pretend I was training but all I did was practise my receiving, I never got to spike, not without anyone tossing it.

We were receiving our report slip for our mid year exams and I wasn't even nervous. I already knew what I was going to get. A couple Ds and Fs.

I sat at my seat, looking down, twirling my penknife, waiting for my name to be called. People who received their report cards were either just discussing their grades or cheering. Until my name was called, I stood up lazily and dragged my feet all the way to the teachers table.

I took my report slip and returned to my seat. I glanced at it and threw it into my bag. I didnt even get a D this time. I failed everything badly. I was probably going stay as a second year for another couple of years and continuously get bullied. Life sucks.

The teacher said a few things and then, "class dismissed! "

I started packing up, if I was fast enough, maybe I could avoid the bullying, but unfortunately, I wasn't fast enough.

The group crowded at my table again.

"What did you get? Shrimp. All Fs ,I'm betting. " he said while the others laughed.

"Well, congrats shitty hair, you got it right, now get out of my way. " I said, trying to shove my way through but my efforts were futile.

I didnt bother to learn any of their name, I'd just call them by how they look.

Shitty Hair grabbed my bag and pulled out my report slip and waved it around.

"HAhahah Shrimp got all Fs! He is a loser and a failure at the same time. " they all laughed, they took photos of me and my report slip. I jumped around, trying to get it back, but it was thrown back at me, crumpled into a ball.

I growled and threw it in my bag.

"You've done this almost everyday, " I said angrily, "when will you get bored? "

"I don't think I'll ever get bored. " he said, grinning evilly.

~time skip~

I walked home with my bags and worksheets trampled and crumpled. I massaged my back. I fell down as while I tried to stop them, but obviously it didn't do much good.

I looked down, upset and angry. I hate school, I hate my father, I hate my life.

I returned home and my father was home, he demanded for my report slip and I gave it to him. I braced myself.

"YOU FAILED EVERYTHING? WHY ARE YOUR GRADES SO BAD? WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE, I NEVER FAILED ANYTHING! DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT WAS FOR ME TO GET YOU INTO THAT SCHOOL? AND THE SCHOOL FEES ARE EXPENSIVE TOO. I WANTED YOU TO BE BETTER SO I SENT YOU THERE BUT YOU ARENT ANY BETTER! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? "

I usually didn't shout back at him, but that day, I completely lost it. "YEAH I FAILED EVERYTHING SO WHAT? ALL YOU CARE IS ABOUT MY GRADES. HAVE YOU EVER CARED IF I HAD FRIEND IN SCHOOL? HAVE YOU EVER CARED IT I WAS BULLIED? THAT MY WORKSHEETS END UP TORN? DID YOU CARE ABOUT MY FEELINGS? NO. NEVER. IT WAS ALL THE GRADES. IF THE GRADES ARE SO IMPORTANT TO YOU, GO TO SCHOOL YOURSELF AND GET THEM. I WILL JUST DISAPPEAR."

I completely exploded, yelling at my father was probably the last thing I would do and I just did it. Before he could do anything, I ran away from home. I wasn't sure where I was going, but I was crying. I didnt really care anymore.