KAGEYAMA'S BIRTHDAY

Kageyama Tobio

Bored at home, I just sat on my sofa, playing a mobile game. I woke up early and I couldn't sleep. I wanted to fall Hinata, but decided it wasn't the best choice since he was probably sleeping.

That moment, I received a text from him :

Kageyama I have a surprise, come to the bus stop to meet me.

Surprised that Hinata could wake up so early, I changed my clothes and wore my coat, it was pretty cold outside.

I walked quickly to the bus stop to see Hinata in a ball of clothing and was carrying a bag filled with something. And a small potted plant.

"Kageyama! Come on, I got a surprise for you. " Hinata said excitedly, before bounding off towards where would be a park.

I jogged to keep up, confused. Why was Hinata carrying a potted plant? Where are we going?

"Oi, Dumbass, why do you have a potted plant? "

"I'll tell you when we get there." Hinata said happily. I didnt get why he was so happy. What's so special about a potted plant.

We walked across the park and came to the forested area and surprisingly, Hinata continued and walked into the forest. I grabbed Hinata by the hair to stop him.

"Hinata! There's like wild boars in there! And what if we get lost?" I asked him.

"Ow, Ow, let go," I let go and he said, "don't worry, I know the way, I've been here before. "

He continued into the forest and I followed him, I didnt have much of a choice, I was worried he would do something stupid and get lost.

Five minutes in and I think we are lost.

"It should be here... " he muttered, looking like he was about to panic.

Great, that pretty much confirms my suspicions. We are lost.

Just as I was about to give him another hair pulling session, I he seemed to have noticed something and said, "there! " before running forwards.

"Oi, wait for me! " I shouted before catching up.

He came up to a huge rock with a red arrow pointing right. It was pretty big and seemed to indicate something was on our right.

Hinata continued on and we came to a clearing. It seemed like a pretty peaceful spot. There were only occasional cars that passed by on a bridge that was about as tall as a tree. Not many people could have known about this place, there was nothing but forest. Opposite the bridge was just more forest. There wasn't any shops or houses nearby. It was a really peaceful but lonely spot, I could hear the rustling of leaves and birds chirping and the faint sound of a nearby stream.

Hinata put down his bag and begun taking stuff out, and they were really odd items. A small shovel, a watering can, fertilizer, a lock and key.

"Hinata, why'd you bring this kinda stuff? " I asked.

"Oh... Because I thought we could plant the chokeberry here this year on your birthday and make this our little secret spot and next year, we could eat the berries. " Hinata said, picking up the shovel and walking to a sunny spot.

It was my birthday?

"Hinata, what's the date? "

"22 December. "

It was my birthday. Hinata remembered even if I didn't. It was the first time since junior high for someone to celebrate my birthday.

"Come help plant this thing! " Hinata said, waving me over.