chapter 31-Remembering

Hinata Shoyo

I returned home and took a quick shower before going to the fridge to find a light snack. I found a box of unfinished pocky. Probably from Natsu. I sat on the sofa and begin nibbling the chocolate stick. Then I felt like I remembered something.

It was someone's birthday... Mine... I think. I was sitting on a sofa and Kageyama was beside me. He held a pocky stick and each of us nibbled on an end. We became closer and closer and...

I blushed and finished the stick of pocky I had then I ran to my room and covered my face with my pillow. What was that... Was i imagining? Dreaming? Or was it a memory that really happened?

Was the 'she' Kageyama talked about actually me? The story was similar to what happened to me. But he said 'she'... So it was probably a girl... But he corrected himself at the start, like he was about to say 'he'.

I felt like he was hiding something... I wasn't sure what. Kageyama wouldn't be gay... Most probably not... Even if i didn't remember a lot of things... I did know one thing, and it was that I was crushing on Kageyama Tobio.

That night I had a weird dream, both of us were together in a bed, he said he loved me and was kissing me... We were doing it...

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I rubbed my eyes and blushed at my dream. That was just a dream... Right? It was sort of difficult to differentiate the two, since pieces of memories could actually come back to me in a form of dream.

~A few days passed and it was the weekends~

Pieces of memories have been returning... Kageyama and I... There was something between us... Something special, but I couldn't be sure, my dreams about the both of us... It could just be a fabrication of my imagination.

Kageyama told me to meet him at the park, and he would bring me somewhere. He wouldn't tell me where, which sort of made me frustrated.

I went to the park and saw Kageyama waiting for me at a bench. I decided to ask him about us.

"Kageyama. "

"Yes? "

"Was there something between us? Please tell me. I need to know. " I sort of begged him.

He looked at me and said, "follow me."

He brought us into the forested area, and we came to a big rock.

Suddenly, the words 'go right' floated into my mind.

"We go right, right? " I asked.

"How'd you know that? " he asked curiously.

"I dunno, it just floated into my mind. It means... I have been here before, right? "

Kageyama just nodded and we continued right, and we came to a clearing.

"Does this place... Bring any memories back? " he asked.

I didnt answer, but I looked around, it did look familiar... And there was this chokeberry bush... The flowers were a little... Red for some reasons, I thought they were supposed to be white. Then something told me to go near the bridge where cars would go by.

"Don't stray too far! " I heard Kageyama yell.

"I know! "

I came to this fence, and there was a lock that was a little rusty. I wiped the dirt off and I could make out the words 'K+H' then suddenly, it seemed like my mind had finally downloaded a large file, and memories came flooding back.

I was pretending to be a girl...

Kageyama and I were planting the chokeberry shrub...

I was beaten up by a group of guys...

The first day I met Kageyama...

It came flooding back to me, I almost passed out as I tried to process the information. I couldn't remember everything yet, but I knew there was something.

I went back to Kageyama, who was watering and pruning the chokeberry bush.

"Kageyama... I know this may sound weird... But I need to know if we've been in a any sort of relationship... I need to know... Please... " he drew himself to his full height and looked at me with this weird look in his eyes. I started backing up and I hit a tree. He was terrifying.

"Kageyama-"

He interrupted me, "you wanted to know if there was something between us? " he asked in a cold voice. The shadow covered him so I could barely make out the details of his face. His eyes were covered by the shadow of his hair.

"Y-yes... " I stammered, even though I wasn't sure if I wanted to anymore with Kageyama acting like that.

He grabbed my collar and pulled me up. My eyes widened in fear, I wondered what he wanted to do. Hit me? Kick me? Punch me?

Then he moved his head a little, and his hair no longer covered his eyes. His eyes looked at me sadly, like he had been holding it in the whole time they seem a little watery too.

It surprised me, I've never seen Kageyama so sad and hurt all at once, even that time when he argued with his mother... Wait... That was something new I just remembered.

"Yes. " he said, barely in a whisper, "but you have forgotten everything. I... Don't know how telling you would help but since you wanted to know..."

He let go of me, turned away, and started walking away.

"Wait! Kageyama! " I yelled at him, "I still love you! "