chapter 18- More Problems

A year after they started dating...

Kageyama Tobio

My parents finally came home and they decided to have a family breakfast, which was kind of annoying and I didn't see why they wanted something like that. The first few minutes were silent and awkward, my mother was reading fashion magazine, my father was reading newspaper. Until finally, my father decided to say something.

"Kageyama, have you gotten a girlfriend? "

"No. "

It was this topic again, I didnt know how to break it to them that I was going out with a boy.

"I know a few female students and I've made an exchange program. They'll be going to Karasuno for two months, pick whoever you want." my father said.

"Father! I told you I don't need a girlfriend. " I protested.

"You will get one. I need you for one of my magazines! " my mother stepped in and snapped at me, "we'll be going to Tokyo after you picked your girlfriend. So hurry up! "

I groaned. They never discussed anything with me, all they did was just forced me to do stuff I didn't like.

At that moment, I got a text from Hinata.

Meet me at usual place, please.

I stood up and said, "I need to go. Be back around evening, bye. "

I left without another word, it's not like they cared or what. I walked hurriedly to the park and found our usual corner that no one goes to. It was the edge of a forest, covered by a bridge that cars usually just go by it was a peaceful and lonely spot. Hinata sat on the ground, looking sort of depressed.

I sat next to him.

"Hinata? What's wrong? "

He sighed, "we need to talk. "

His serious look and tone surprised me. He rarely ever looked this serious.

"What do you need to talk about? "

"It's just... You've been sort of distancing yourself from me and I've tried to ignore it but I can't take it anymore. I don't get it. You don't talk as much as you do, you cancel our dates... Am I doing something wrong? Do you not... Love me anymore? " he asked sadly, looking at me. His eyes weren't the same, it looked like some clouds have covered the sun in them.

"Wha... What? Of course I love you... It's just... "

He stood up, "it's just what? "

I didnt meet his eye, I didnt know why I was distancing him from me, my life have been a mess ever since my parents were back.

"Anyway, what I really wanted to tell you was, my father disapproves our relationship. If... If you wanna end it, just do it now. "

His eyes became watery and his lips trembled.

"No... I don't want to end it... "

"Then why are you distancing yourself from me? I don't know what to do. " Hinata clenched his fist and tear spilled down his eyes, rolling down his cheeks.

My heart felt like it was broken just by seeing him cry, I stood up and walked towards him. He backed up, looking slightly scared.

"S-stop doing t-that s-scary face! Answer me! " he half yelled at me. He backed up to a tree and leaned against it.

I kissed him, trying to get him to stop crying. I loved him as much as i did before... It was just my parents.

Even as we kissed, tears were still rolling down his cheeks. I pulled away and hugged him tightly, "don't talk about breaking up again. I just... " I hesitated about telling him about my parents, but I decided to anyway, "it's my parents. They want me to get a girlfriend... And I... I don't know what to do... I was thinking a lot and... Didn't pay you a lot of attention... So... I'm sorry. "

He hugged my tighter and slowly stopped crying, "just tell me next time! " he said in a muffled voice.

I sighed, but now I told him, what was I supposed to do? I was going to be forced into a relationship with someone I'm not interested in.

"Hinata... You are so warm... Take off your jacket, you gotta be sweating madly in there. "

I pulled away and tried to pull his jacket off, but he refused, he just smiled, "it... It's fine! "

Clearly not, I could see beads of sweat all over his forehead. Was he hiding something?

"Roll up your sleeve at least, watching you in a jacket in such a weather makes me feel hot too."

He shook his head but I wouldn't take a no as an answer. I pulled his sleeve up to see...

Hinata snatched his arm away and blushed furiously. He did not meet my eye.

"Dumbass! Why would you do that? "

"It's just... I was pretty upset for quite a long time already. My father would keep scolding me and my parents would get into fights... Then you were sort of ignoring me so I sort of just... Started doing it. " he muttered, close to tears again. I only then realized how sad he had been.

I sighed, "don't just do that! Stupid Dumbass! "

I checked my watch and my parents should have left for work. I pulled Hinata all the way to my house and checked for signs of ny parents, but they have left.

I locked my bedroom door and closed all the curtains, I begin stripping off his clothes until he was only in his underwear.

"Kageyama! " he yelped, trying to cover up his body, but it was no use.

I sat down in front of him, completely shocked and slightly guilty.

He had cuts all over his arm and thighs, bruises all around his back. How long had he been hurting for? He was with me this whole time and I never noticed he was hurting.

"What... What happened? " I asked.

"My father found out that I... You know, and he hated me, and beats me with his belt sometimes when I do something slightly wrong. Then... I guess you know what happen with the cuts. " he said timidly, playing with his nails.

"Why didnt you tell me? "

"I didn't want to make you worried... So I just waited for them to heal... " he was very interested in his nails.

I pulled him into a tight hug, "tell... Tell me next time! "

He started crying again, "Kageyama... " he grabbed onto me with his head in my chest. Things were going to be different now, and I had to protect when I can.