chapter 10- New Girl

Kageyama Tobio

I heard soft snores from Hinata. He fell asleep.

Brrtt.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and apparently I received a message from my father.

Kageyama, we are staying in Tokyo for another two months. Your mother left some money in the wardrobe in our room.

It just ended like that. No hello, no how are you. Just the news that they are leaving me at home alone for another two months.

I growled softly in irritation and I looked out of the window. It was raining heavily. I didnt have an umbrella, even if i did, it was of no use. The wind was simply too strong.

Hinata's gripped softened and I squeezed it slightly before letting go. I ruffled his soft orange hair and off the light before leaving his room.

I sighed. I guess I will just have to run back home in the rain. Maybe pick up a bread or something. I was hungry. But when I went to the living room to take my bag, it turned out I didn't have to. Apparently Hinata's mother had made some noodles and asked, "maybe you could stay for tonight, it's raining too heavily. Tell your parents, I'm sure they will understand. And I owe you a thank you for bringing Hinata back. "

I almost cried. No one did something so nice for me before.

But naturally, I acted like I was fine, "OK... And thank you for letting me stay. "

"No worries, " she handed me a set of clean clothes, "I know you still have school tomorrow, so go take a shower and pass me your dirty clothes, I'll wash and dry them for you to wear tomorrow."

"Oh, alright. "

I finished the noodles quickly and went for a quick shower. I came out and did as Hinata's mother said. She then told me she set up a mattress for me in Hinata's room.

"Goodnight. "

She smiled and nodded.

~time skip to morning~

I quietly woke up and took my dried clothes and changed in the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and Hinata's mother made breakfast.

"Oh... You didn't have to. " I told Hinata's mother.

"It's fine."

I finished my breakfast (which by the way, was very good) and went to Hinata's room to grab my bag.

I saw Hinata sleeping and went to sit beside him.

I touched his forehead and was relieved that his temperature had dropped to around normal.

I was about to leave when he grabbed my hand.

He lazily opened his eyes.

"Come over after school? " he asked hopefully.

I smiled, "yeah, there's no training today, I'll come see you. "

He grinned and closed his eyes, falling asleep. I squeezed his hand and left, eager to finish school quickly and return to Hinata's side.

~skip to school~

There was a new transfer that day. She had long black hair and violet eyes that looked so sharp it could see any small movements. Her breast were bigger than most year ones and she was about 170cm.

"Hello, I'm Saya Mitake, I'm glad to be joining you. " she said in an odd high voice.

"Well, Saya, please sit beside Kageyama, " my teacher said, pointing to the seat beside me, "Kageyama, please assist her if she needs anything. "

I groaned. I wasn't very good with girls.

"Hi, I'm Saya, your name is... Kageyana?" she said smiling, holding out her hand.

I tried not to roll my eyes and said, "nice try but, it's Ka-ge-ya-ma. " I shook her hand.

"Oh, sorry, I wasn't very sure. " she said, giving me the oops-i-did-not-mean-to-do-that smile.

A lot of other guys in the class seemed to be staring at me and her jealously.

~skip to break time~

A lot of the boys from our class came over to meet Saya.

I was hoping she would find a suitable guy and stick to them instead but heck, she decided to stick with me.

She giggled nervously and said, "I'm Saya and I need to go to the restrooms. Uhm, Kageyama, could you show me the way...? "

She hid behind me, trying to escape the bunch of boys trying to get her phone number.

I sighed and led her to the nearest girls toilet. She didn't go in, instead, she took a sigh of relief.

"Gosh, the boys are scary. "

"Yep, you'll need to learn to protect yourself. " I said, annoyed.

"You seem different... Like nicer." she said, giving me the I-am-subtly-flirting-with-you smile.

It took all my will power not to roll my eyes. I wasn't even sure why I felt like rolling eyes. I just wasn't interested in her.

"Oh well, you only met me for about a few hours at max how are you so sure?" I said.

"I dunno, I just feel like it, " the bell rang, "oh, that means break it over right? Let's go back to class. "

We returned to class and had English Literature, my worst subject and some how, Saya's best subject.

She'd even come and correct my mistakes sometimes.

"It's l-i-t-e-r-a-t-u-r-e! Not l-e-t-e-r-i-t-u-r-e." she said, looking at my notes.

Apparently I have been spelling literature wrongly and it was quite embarrassing. And it was really annoying and irritating having her sort of humiliating me while correcting me.

~Time skip to end of school~

"Hey, Kageyama, where do you stay at? " she came to ask again.

I groaned in my mind. I told her vaguely where I stayed at as I swung my bag onto my shoulder, ready to go to Hinata's house.

"Oh! I live around there too! I'll go there with you! " she said.

I suppressed the urge to punch her. As I said, I vaguely told her where so how was she so sure?

"I'm going to my friends house, so probably not. "

"Oh! I'll go with you. I could meet more friends. "

I wanted to just run off without her but I think that will make my teacher mad.

I sighed and walked out of the classroom with that annoying girl behind me.

Soon, we arrived at Hinata's house and he was waiting outside.

"Oh! Kageyama! Who's that?"

"Hinata! " I ran to him and give him a friendly hug to whispered, "uh, I'll tell you more later. "

He didn't complain and hugged back and then let go.

"Uh, Hinata, this is Saya, Saya, this is Hinata. "

Saya bent down to look at Hinata, "short. " she commented.

I could almost see the lightning striking Hinata. Hinata looked like he was about to say something nasty but he just smiled and did nothing.

She walked back to me, taking out a pen.

"Hand. " she said.

I frowned but she didn't wait for me and pulled my hand. She wrote some numbers down on my hand and said, "I'll be going now, that's my phone number, call me, OK? Bye! "

And she walked off.

Hinata looked at me and frowned, "She's weird. "

"I know right. "