chapter 9- Sick

Hinata Shoyo

I couldn't go to school yesterday. I had fever and my mother just wouldn't let me go to school or go train.

I was so frustrated but at least today I could go. I woke up earlier than usual I got ready to go to school.

I was going to work harder today. Twice as hard as usual to make up for yesterday.

"Hinata, come here, let me check your temperature. "

"No mom! I'm fine! I'll be going now! Bye! " I couldn't risk having my mom check my temperature. If she ever detect a slight difference in temperature, I will be stuck at home again.

On the way, I bumped into Kageyama, the last person I wanted to see.

Things were pretty awkward.

We walked quite a few feet apart, and we didn't talk like usual. The silence was unnerving but I didn't have anything to say to him.

"Uhm... How are you feeling? " Kageyama asked, finally breaking the silence.

"Fine. "

We continued walking.

I was so glad we arrived at school. I entered my classroom and went to hang out with my other friends to get away from Kageyama. He didn't need me anyway.

During the lessons, I couldn't concentrate. I just wasn't feeling too well, but I put the feelings a side. I just recovered from a fever after all.

~Time skip to training~

I ran faster than usual. I had to make up for not coming yesterday.

Also because I didn't want to see Kageyama. It just hurts me to see him.

It was time to serve.

Of course, I served harder than usual. But I was starting to feel odd. Like something was wrong. I felt like I needed to rest, to catch my breath.

No. I have to make up for staying at home yesterday.

Finally, we had a break and I just collapsed onto the ground. Feeling more tired that usual. I took my bottle and drank some water.

I noticed Kageyama watching me. I was about to confront him when Daichi came.

"Hinata, don't push yourself too hard, you just recovered. "

"No, I'm fine. I'm already alright. You don't have to worry." I said smiling. Volley ball was my life. No sickness is going to change it.

"Oh... Then just take a rest whenever you need it, alright? Anyway, breaks over, time to spike. "

I jumped up at the word spike. I loved spiking, it was what I do best in Volleyball.

Sugawara and Kageyama were setting. Naturally, I went for Sugawara. I wasn't going to spike Kageyama's ball. I don't even want to see him.

Yes you do want to see him. You even want to talk to him.

A tiny voice said.

No. No I don't.

The tiny voice didn't say anything.

I jumped higher than usual, and spiked harder than usual. It was tiring, my legs and arms were sore. But I still kept going.

"Switch lanes! " 

Now I had to spike Kageyama's ball. Ugh.

I went to the back of the line. Trying to calm my feelings down.