chapter 3- Warmth

Hinata Shoyo

After a good thirty minutes, I think Kageyama fell asleep.

He looked like he did. He turned around and shuffled closer to me as he was sleeping and was facing me right now.

I couldn't sleep. What happened in the bathroom kept replaying in my head and I can't help but blush.

Kageyama looks so different when he is asleep. Much less intense and scary, and rather peaceful.

I could hear my heart beating as I watched him sleep. I slowly inched my hand forwards and shifted his fringe a little. It was as expected, soft and smooth. I wonder if he uses conditioner. He didn't react, so I touched it a little more.

He looked so good. And he was talented. And the fact he was changing from a self centered, arrogant king to a decent one made it better. He was talented, had the right build... He was perfect.

I gathered up my courage and touched his cheek, just slightly, figuring that if he woke up, I'll just lay down quickly and pretend to be asleep.

He didn't wake up and just slept like nothing happened.

God... What is this feeling...

I gently brushed his cheek. I was tempted to kiss him. A small smooch.

I lowered myself and give him a quick light, peck and lay down quickly, covering my blanket over my face, blushing furiously.

OMG did I just... Holy cow am I gay?

I slowly lowered down my blanket to see him still asleep. I admired him the first time we met. Now I love him. But I know he doesn't return the feelings.

I moved back up to look at him some more. Suddenly, I wasn't sure if he knew, he just grabbed me and hugged me like a bolster.

I made an effort to not scream. He didn't seem to know that it was me. His arms protectively over me, his warm body against mine. I could even smell the sweet scent of his deodorant.

With the gentle shine of the moon, I eventually fell asleep.

~Time skip by panning into the moon, then changing into morning~

"GWAHH!"

The next thing I knew was that I was thrown at a wall.

"What? What? Where's the fire? " I heard Daichi said, "Oh, Hinata, Kageyama, what happened? "

I opened my eyes to see Kageyama blushing, pointing at me, mouth wide open.

"What ha-" then I remembered how he hugged me last night.

I started blushing too.

"What is it? A bug? " Suga asked, awakened by the commotion.

We caught each others eyes and we understood one thing.

We couldn't let any of them know what happened. They would never let us forget about it

"Yes, yes, a huge hairy bug, " we said together, "on Hinata." Kageyama added.

I glared at him, did he really have to add that detail?

"Where's the bug now? "Daichi asked.

"I-I dunno, f-flew away maybe. " I said, I wasn't exactly the best at lying.

"Uhm, since it's gone I'm going to brush my teeth bye! " Kageyama said quickly and he dashed to the toilets.

Suga and Daichi just stared at Kageyama dashing away, confused, you could just almost see a huge question mark on their heads.

"Uh, me too! Bye! " I said and ran to the bathroom.

I entered the bathroom to see Kageyama washing his face over and over again. He looked up and saw me from the reflection of a mirror.

"YOU! WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN MY BED? " he asked loudly, pointing at me.

"You ask me? You just grabbed me! " I replied angrily.

"No I didn't. " he said, slightly uncertain.

"Yes you did. " I said.

"Gahh, whatever, you cannot tell anyone, and I mean ANYONE! " he said, emphasizing on the word 'anyone'

"As if I'll tell anyone. " I muttered.

He brushed his teeth quickly and left as soon as he was done. I felt bad and hurt watching him do that. Was it really that bad hugging me?

I went to the dining area to see that Kageyama sat at one end of the table. Assuming he wouldn't want to sit with me, I moved to the other end of the table.

Everyone was at the table and the food was ready. There was miso soup, sausage, scrambled eggs, and white rice.

Everything smelled great but I just wasn't hungry for some reasons. It just didn't taste as great as before. My eyes darted to Kageyama, who wasn't really eating either. For a moment, we made eye contact and he hastily broke it, looking down at his food.

I wondered if perhaps if I tried to get out of his hug, maybe thing wouldn't be this way. I felt so bad and guilty and I didn't know why.

~time skip with Hinata missing the ball just slightly and shimizu hitting the ball~

At the gym, we were practicing serving and I noticed that Kageyama seemed more tired than usual and was all red.

It breaks my heart slightly to see him so tired.

"Hey, you OK? " I went over to ask, I figured it didnt really matter, we were just friends.

"Yeah. "

After our serving practise, we went to drink some water, but oddly, Kageyama just sat down on the floor trying to catch his breath.

"Hey, drink some water. "

"I forgot to bring my bottle, "he said, "I'll be fine, we got a longer break later, I'll go get it later. "

For a moment, I wanted to scold him but I hesitated. Would this show that I like him? I didnt want anyone to know, I wasn't very sure about my feelings yet.

But then again, I don't want him to get sick or injured, so I figured, if Daichi found out, he was definitely going to scold Kageyama for forgetting to bring his bottle.

"Oi, you can't just not drink water for the whole training, you can die! " I said angrily, "look at you, all red, you could get heat stroke! "

"Then do you have any other idea? " Kageyama asked, sending a glare at me.

Oh shit, he nailed me.

I looked around and realised that I was holding my bottle.

"Neh, drink mine. " I held out my bottle.

He looked at me, then the bottle, hesitated a little and took it.

"Thanks, "he murmured so softly only I could hear it.

It made my heart skip a beat for some reasons. I felt my cheeks becoming a little warm. I felt warm and fuzzy inside too for some reasons.

Tanaka appeared behind us and shouted, "INDIRECT KISS! "

We both glared at him and he backed up a little. I hit Kageyama on the head.

"Hinata! What was that for? "

"For not bringing your bottle. "