chapter 28-

~back to the present~

Kageyama Tobio

Hinata lay there in a pool of blood. He was wearing.. Aoba Johsai uniform? But it was muddy and stained red. He was bleeding a lot. A bloody penknife lay on the ground. His arm... They were horrendous, it looked like a mob of cat with extra long claws scratched him.

"Hinata! " I yelled.

He was unconscious and pale. He was breathing just slightly and his fingers were cold and a little blue. He was dying. The love of my life was dying in front of my eyes.

Tears spilled down before I could even do anything. There was a piece of paper in his hand. I didnt know what it was, it was bloody but I took it in case Hinata wants it. I carried him bridal style and tried to keep him warm as a ran to the nearest hospital I could find. He was brought into the emergency room and was gone from my sight.

I sat down outside, wet and muddy. I was worried. Hinata... Please live.

A few minutes later, his parents arrived. His father saw and said, "you! "

I didnt reply.

"HE WOULDNT BE LIKE THAT IF YOU DIDNT AFFECT HIM! " he yelled.

Hinata's mother grabbed his arm, "calm dow-"

He swatted her arm away and continued, "YOU SHOULDNT HAVE BEEN WITH MY SON, DONT YOU IGNORE ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU! " he grabbed my arm and I lost it. I lost my cool I didn't freaking care what he thought about me anymore.

I pushed him away, standing up, I was just slightly taller than him, "HE WOULD HAVE DIED IF I HAVENT FOUND HIM. WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST US? " I yelled back at him. Then a nurse came over and shushed at us angrily, telling us that it was a hospital.

Hinata's father looked like he was about to yell at the nurse too, but in the end, he just stomped off angrily.

I slumped back into my seat and murmured, "sorry."

"No, don't be... I'll try to talk to him, "and Hinata's mother went to chase after his father.

After some time, I wasn't sure how long, I may have fallen asleep, a doctor came to me and asked, "are you related to the orange haired boy? "

"I am his b-" I stopped for a while, thinking whether I should tell the doctor, "I'm his boyfriend. "

The doctor raised his eyebrows and asked, "where are his parents? "

"They had to leave. "

The doctor didn't press on, and said, "I have good news and bad news. Good news is, his life is no longer in danger, bad news, he is in a coma, we are unsure when he will wake up. "

I didnt know if I should be happy or not. Hinata isn't going to die... But he may not wake up at all...

"Could I visit him? "

"Sure. "

I stood up and followed him. He brought me to Hinata's room. A lump formed in my throat when I saw him on the bed. He seemed lifeless, pale and sort of sad. There was a nurse there, making sure that everything was set up properly.

I thanked them and they left me alone with Hinata. I pulled a chair and sat beside him. His arms were bandaged too. I grab his hand and held it tightly. The room was silent except for the soft beeping of the machine. Having Hinata and silence was odd.

I pulled out the piece of paper Hinata had in his hand. It was now brown and mostly dry. I looked at it and my mouth went dry. It was what I wanted to ask him when we were adults. I wondered if this caused him to try to kill himself. I felt guilty, I will have to talk to him about it soon.

I went to visit him everyday, hoping he would wake up, but a week has passed and he hasn't waken up. I skipped training to come visit him, for now, he is more important than volleyball. Sometimes, I would see his parents outside, arguing, and in the end, only his mother and Natsu would come in.

Then one time, his mother cane in and told me, "Hinata's father wants to talk to you. He is just outside. "

I sighed and walked, probably something about staying away from his son again.

He sat on the chair placed outside. He wore a frown and a scowl. His arms crossed, he said, "sit. "

I sat.

"You've been coming here everyday? " he asked, his voice seemed strained, like he was doing this reluctantly.

"Yes. "

"They said he cut himself."

"Yes. "

"He is suspected to have depression. "

"Yes, "I said listlessly.

"When he wakes up... If he does, heal him. I'm going to send him back to Karasuno. After he is back to his usual self... I'll... I'll let you guys be. " he said, frowning more and seemed to be clenching his fist. His voice caught at the end.

I wasn't sure what to feel, in the end, I said, "even if you didnt tell me to, I would have done it. "I stood up and walked back into the room. Hinata's mother didn't say anything, she gave me a small smile and stayed for a while more before leaving.

I sat there for hours, watching, waiting, hoping.

I decided to stay for that night. It was the weekends. I didnt have anything much to do, apart from homework.

I kissed his forehead and lay my head on his bed, holding his hand.

Tragic ending or happy ending? Which should be the ending?