chapter 2- Shower

Tobio Kageyama

"Oi, Hinata, it's our turn to shower. " I shouted as I saw him laying out his mattress.

"Oh, coming! "

I grabbed my towel and shirt and walked to the bathroom. Suddenly, an orange headed person rushed passed me.

"Oi! Hinata! " I raced after him. "I'm going to shower first. "

In the end, we reached the bathroom together. We leaned against a wall to catch our breaths.

We entered the changing room and I took off my shirt and left it on a rack. The whole time, I could see Hinata staring at me from the corner of my eye.

I couldn't take it anymore. "What you looking at shrimp? "

"Nothing! Nothing! " he said, surprised and he turned away, I could see him blushing furiously.

What was wrong with him?

I took off my pants, leaving myself in only my boxers. I left my clean set of clothing beside my dirty ones and picked up my towel to the furthest shower from Hinata.

I saw Hinata staring again. Like he was admiring me. I blushed and grabbed his head.

"Hinata! Cut it out. "

Soft. His hair was really soft.

"Sorry! Sorry! "

I turned away and looked at my hand. The lingering feeling of his soft, smooth orange hair felt good.

I slapped myself. What was I thinking? His hair was really soft? What's wrong with me? I mentally slapped myself. So what if his hair was soft.

I wrapped a towel over my waist and took off my boxers.

I let the water wash over my head. The feeling just wouldn't go away. I wanted to go back and touch that puffy orange hair.

I saw Hinata from the reflection of the mirror he was looking at me, again. He didn't seem to notice that I saw him. I rolled my eyes and turned around.

He jumped about 10 feet high and turned away. I stomped to him and grabbed his head, which was wet but still soft.

"Will you explain why are you looking at me? It's creepy you know! " I demanded, expecting an answer but he was busy yelping from me grabbing his head.

Suddenly, he slipped and fell forwards, startled, I let go of his head. He fell onto me and pushed me down. We ended up on the floor, with him on me.

"Hinata! You clumsy shrimp! Don't push me down if you want to fall! "

He seemed dazed at first but snapped out of it. Only then, he realised he was on me.

"Ahh! Sorry sorry! "he quickly got up, allowing me to stand.

"Tch. "

I had an odd feeling. His warm body against mine... His face so close to mine... I could see the little details, like the shine in his eyes and his little nose... Oh god, something was definitely wrong with me.

"so... Kageyama is the best in your age so far? "

"Yeee... Yhhh... yeeessss... "

He felt that I was the best of our age. Afterall, that little shrimp looks up to me. I glanced back at him and he seemed to be muttering something to himself, typical Hinata.

I sunk into the bath and found myself a comfortable corner to relax for abit.

Hinata entered the bath and stayed at the corner opposite me. He didn't seem to dare to look at me, his eyes darting around. He didn't talk, just silently sitting in the corner. It was some what unnerving.

I rolled my eyes and got out of the bath. I couldn't take it anymore. Having silence and Hinata together is an odd combination.

I washed myself thoroughly and put on my clean set of clothing, feeling much cleaner and comfortable. Hinata was done too, but, he looked different now. Possibly because since his hair is laying down now, he looks much shorter, but I didn't think that was the case. He was light pink all over his face like he was feverish. He seemed more shy and timid all of a sudden.

"What are you looking at, King."

That sentence stunned me. This little shrimp used my words against me.

"Hinata Shoyo... "

"KYAHH!! Sorrryyy!!" he raced down the corridor with me on his tails.

For some reasons, it actually felt kinda fun. Having Hinata make noise again... I seem more relaxed.

He slammed open the door to the dining area and hid behind Tanaka.

"Tanaka-senpai, help me! "

"Hinata you get back here! " I said, pointing at him. I was about to chase him down but Asahi stopped me.

"Sorry Kageyama! " Hinata shouted from behind Tanaka.

"Kageyama, calm down, " Suga said, "he apologized already. "

"Tch." I pulled myself away from Asahi's grip and went over to my seat.

Only to have Hinata sit down beside me.

"Thank you for the food! " we all shouted in unison before grabbing our chopsticks.

Everything looked so good but there was the one thing that caught my attention.

The squid. The one large, juicy piece on the plate.

I grabbed one end, ready to put it into my bowl, but the other end was grabbed onto by, obviously, Hinata.

"Woi! I got it first. " I said.

"No, I did. "

We started snatching the squid, moving the chopsticks around like they were our swords in battle.

After a few minutes of intense battle, we grabbed it too hard and it flew away from the plated and landed into Nishinoya's bowl and he ate it.

"Thank you Hinata, Kageyama. "

We just stared at him, surprised and Hinata started blaming me.

"Oi Kageyama! That was my squid! "

"Shut up you shrimp, that was mine. You should have just went to eat the shrimps! "

"Hinata, Kageyama, start eating before we finish all the food! " Tanaka said.

~time skip with Hinata screwing up his serve and Nishinoya receiving the ball that Asahi served to hit the bottle~

We returned to our dorms, full and sleepy.

"Light out! " Daichi shouted and turned off the light. Everyone said good night and went to sleep.

After a good fifteen minutes, everyone was already asleep and the sound of snoring could be heard, but I couldn't sleep for some reasons.

I turned to see Hinata beside me, but he wasn't sleeping as well.

"Hinata, you aren't sleeping? "

"Oh, I not tired yet... It's my first time at a training camp with real teammates... I don't think I can't sleep just yet. " Hinata said. The moonlight shone onto his face, allowing me to see that cute goofy grin he wore.

I blushed and turned around, "whatever Shoyo, but get some sleep, we still have training tomorrow. Goodnight. "

My face felt warm as I thought about that grin. I don't want to admit it, but I really like that grin.

I closed my eyes, waiting for sleep, and eventually, after a long time, I fell asleep.

Haha, sorry if I got the bathroom part wrong, I don't know how Japanese showers work, anyway, hope you like it