bonus chapter - Five Years Later

~Five years later~

They were still together, happily, they did have a few arguments, but they were still fine. Together, they sat on a sofa. They were living together now, in the same apartment. The apartment was from Kageyama's parents, they took the news surprisingly well. His mother wasn't very happy, but she didn't try to interfere. As for his father... Apparently his father was bisexual, even if he found it unnatural, it just took a small amount of time for him to accept it.

Kageyama worked as a part time chef at a nearby restaurant, Hinata worked as a part time waiter there too. But they trained regularly, they wanted to make it to the national team.

"Kageyama, " Hinata said softly.

"Yes? "

"What did the paper say? " Hinata asked.

Normally, anyone who heard this would be confused. What paper?

Kageyama smiled, he was glad Hinata still remembered. It was something he wanted to ask him for quite a long time now.

"Wait here. " he kissed Hinata's forehead and went into their room. He opened a drawer and took out a small glass jar that had a small piece of paper that was stained brown. He took out another box, he put that one into his pocket, he was giving that to Hinata later.

He went back to the living room and pass the glass jar to Hinata. Hinata's eyes shone with excitement, he grabbed the jar with trembling hands and opened it. He poured out the slip of paper. It was folded into a small square. It was stained brown, but the words were still readable.

"Open five years later... " Hinata said excitedly, "that's today!"

Kageyama just smiled and watched his love slowly unfold it. He felt nervous, happy and scared all at once, he tried not to show it, but he didn't trust himself to speak, he was scared it would be shown in his voice.

Hinata read the four simple words on the paper and his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. He blinked to make sure he wasn't dreaming, then he looked up at Kageyama, then back at the paper several times.

Kageyama pulled out the box in his pocket, took a deep breath and said, "I know it's kinda weird, two guys... But you made me really happy... Even if we did have bad times in High school.. So would you- mmmpf!"

He got tackled by an extremely happy Hinata. Hinata kissed him and gave Kageyama a watery laugh. There were tears in Hinata's bright eyes but they seemed to shine brighter. Kageyama wasn't sure what to do, it was the first time doing this, he wasn't sure what Hinata meant by that.

"Yes. "Hinata said happily, "YES! "

"yes? " Kageyama asked.

"YEs! "

"YESSSS! " Kageyama yelled like he just scored a point in volleyball. He opened the box and there was a ring, it wasn't very fancy, it had a few tiny diamonds laced around the front. He put the ring on Hinata's finger and he pulled Hinata by the collar, he looked at Hinata, observing even the tiniest detail, and kissed him.

Hinata dropped the paper and kissed back. The paper laid forgotten on the floor. The four words written in black ink: Hinata Shoyo, marry me.

~a month later~

After getting approval from both parents, which wasn't easy, they finally got married. They held it at where they planted the chokeberry shrub. The place changed a little, it became a tourist spot, a safari. It was a small wedding, just their parents and the volleyball team. The parents talked to each other, like discussing stuff. After saying their vows and everything, they kissed (Duh.). Whooping and cheering could be heard from the volleyball, one of them, probably Nishinoya, yelled, "KAGEHINA IS MY NEW OTP! "