chapter 23- Hinata's Birthday

Hinata Shoyo

The girls didn't look exactly happy about what Kageyama said but they returned to their seats. They still kept eyeing him like a prey, and one of them sat beside him, studying him from the corner of her eye.

I gently pushed his arm away and sat a little further from him, hoping none of the girls made a connection between me and the me in the magazine.

"Thanks Kageyama. "

He shrugged his shoulders, and he put his face on his hand, like he was thinking.

What was he thinking about...? Hopefully my birthday. He remembers, right?

"Kageyama, what are you thinking about? "

"Eh? About the magazine... I guess. "

So it wasn't about my birthday.

Just as I was about to question him more about what he was thinking, the teacher came.

~time skip~

The whole day there were people stalking him. Not just girls, even some guys were doing it! I was so annoyed and I couldn't understand why. So what about the magazine. So what if he is the son of some reach dude and lady, he is just the same ol' Kageyama that can't choose between yogurt and milk!

OK maybe I was a little annoyed he forgot my birthday despite the fact I reminded him two days ago. And so far only my mother told me Happy Birthday. But still...

We were walking him from training and finally, no one was following us, or rather, him. We took the detour just to be safe.

I decided to hint him on my birthday.

"Kageyama, I wanna eat some cake. Buy me one! " I said.

"Eh? Fine. There should be a bakery... There. " he said, pointing to a nearby bakery.

I grinned and pulled him to the bakery and I looked around, trying to choose a cake.

"Kageyama, which one should I get? " I asked.

Kageyama scratched the back of his head, looking slightly embarrassed, "actually, I didnt bring enough money to buy any of the cake here... Uhm... Could you come over and stay at my place tonight? "

It was sort of sad I couldn't buy a cake, I didnt bring enough money either, but I tried to be fine with it.

"OK, let's go. "

We walked together in silence, it was weird, we usually would be talking about something.

"Kageyama, why are you so quiet? "

"No... Actually, you are the one being unusually quiet. "

"Me? "

"Yeah. "

It didnt occur to me that I was being quiet. He slipped his hand into mine and asked, "something wrong? "

"No, no, I'm fine. " I shrugged, smiling.

"To be honest... You have been changing... You are much quieter than usual... Less cheerful... Just tell me if you need any help. " Kageyama said gently.

To finally hear someone say that, I wanted to cry... And I did.

"K-Kagey-yamaaa... " I cried and I grabbed onto him, burying my head into his chest.

"Did... Did I say something wrong? " he asked.

I shook my head.

He put his hand over me and squeezed me gently, "then what's wrong? "

"I... I don't know, it's just... After Saya, I felt different. Like... I still loved you but... I just felt more scared and I couldn't push away the thought of losing you. Then after a while, I got better than you started ignoring me and then things just got worse... And my parents couldn't stop fighting half the time and i wasn't doing well in school. Then I started cutting myself and I wanted to stop but I just can't for some reasons... Then now this mob of girls are trying to get you and your parents will probably go mad if they find out you are dating me and I'm just so scared... " I said into his chest, spilling out what I really felt and crying my eyes out.

He didn't say anything, but he just embraced me tighter, squeezing me tighter. After a few minutes, he kissed my head and spoke.

"I'm sorry that I never asked... I... I was also caught up in my own world... "

I shook my head, "don't apologize... It's... Not your fault."

He let go and looked at me, "next time, you feel scared or upset, just ask for this. "

He leaned in to kiss me. He was gentle and not as aggressive as usual, it sort of gave a warm, fuzzy feeling. He put his hand onto my cheek and wiped away my tears.

I pulled away, panting for breath,  feeling much better than before.

"That... That actually works! " I said, grinning like an idiot.

"Of course dumbass, that was from me, of course it'll work. "

We walked back to his house, talking more than we did before.

We reached his house and we went to shower, we had fun splashing each other with water.

"Stay here. " Kageyama said before going to the kitchen.

I found his couch and sat on it, I hugged the pillow that he would usually hug when we stayed at his house and turned on the television. I went to Netflix and watched Tokyo Ghoul.

"Hinata. " I heard him call from behind me.

I turned around to see him holding a cake big enough for just the two of us. It wasn't as nice as those in the bakery, the surface was sort of uneven and the cream wasn't spread out properly. It had some rainbow sprinkles and had some pocky sticks on the cake, together with some mini pretzels and strawberries. There was only a single big candle on it.

"Hinata... This isn't as nice as those cake made in bakeries... But I hope you like it. Happy Birthday, Hinata. "

He... Baked it?

"You... You baked it. "

He nodded, "it didnt turn out that well... But it should taste fine. "

I was so happy. He baked a cake for me! He didn't forget! He is so god damn sweet I freaking love him!

I bounced all the way to him and took the cake. I put it onto the table and jumped onto him. He wasn't expecting it so he fell to the floor, and thankfully, nothing was in the way.

"Ow... Hinata! Dumbass. "

I giggled and I realised I was straddling him. I didnt care. I leaned down onto him and hugged him tightly.

"Hinata! I need to breath!"

I let go, grinning.

"Thanks Kageyama! You are so sweet. "

He blushed and muttered something I couldn't hear. I didnt care, I leaned in and kissed him.

After I pulled away, he looked dazed. "I... Can live with that. " he said, blushing.

I got off him and helped him up. I took a knife and cut it before Kageyama could do anything.

"Oi! Dumbass! We need to sing the birthday song first! " Kageyama said.

"Nah, it's fine. "

"But the internet said people usually sing a birthday song before cutting the cake! And Uhm... " Kageyama pulled out his phone and begin searching the internet.

I laughed, amused by Kageyama. He is searching the internet on how to celebrate birthdays.

OMLLLLL SORRY LATE POSTTTT