chapter 7- Family Matter

Kageyama Tobio

Hinata told his parents everything, and that I was staying for the rest of the week.

Hinata's mother cracked up laughing, but she agreed to let me stay, which was  relief.

We showered and went to bed. After an hour, we couldn't sleep, so we decided to play a little game of truth or dare.

"Hinata truth or dare? "

"Truth. "

"You like anyone in school? "

He thought about the question for a while. "Yeah.. Yeah I do. "

For some reason, I desperately wanted to know but hinata added, "no asking me who. "

"Tch, fine. Truth for me. "

"Same question to you. " Hinata said.

Did I like someone? I don't think so. I'm not attracted to any girls from our school, they weren't that nice anyway, but was I attracted to anyone from school? There was that particular someone who made me feel warm and fuzzy sometimes.

"I dunno... I guess so. Hey, no asking me who. "

After a few more questions, Hinata yawned and fell asleep, while I was still awake because I was trying to figure out my feelings and I was also still pretty terrified by the movie.

Half an hour or so, I still couldn't sleep. I heard Hinata called me.

"Kage... Kageyama? I-im scared..." he mumbled softly.

I looked at him but he was still asleep.

It was probably a nightmare about The Ring... But why did he call me? Why me?

It made me feel... Needed, and not a mistake no one needed. It felt so warm and fuzzy.

Hinata moved his hand around, looking for something.

"K-Kageyama? " he mumbled again.

I grasped his small hand into mine and kissed his head, "don't worry, I'm here. " I whispered softly.

I realized what I did and covered my face with my other arm. God... What's wrong with me? What's wrong with me? My cheeks felt very warm as I blushed. If it was possible, I might have gone up in flames.

After some time, I wasn't sure, I finally slept... But of course, after falling asleep, there was the nightmares.

I woke up to feel something ticklish and soft on my neck... Which meant, Hinata. He was hugging me tightly.

"O-" I stopped myself before I shouted.

It was morning, but I was still pretty tired.

Maybe... Just maybe, it's OK. Its not like the first time we hugged... It doesn't mean we are gay... We can just hug as friends right?

I put my arms over his back and pulled him closer to me, he just continued snoring softly. I closed my eyes and I drifted back to sleep.

It was afternoon when we woke up and Hinata's mother made some lunch for us. After that, we made our way to my house.

We walked for quite a few minutes before we arrived at my house.

I took the keys and opened the door, I slid open the door and turned on the door.

Something wasn't right.

The house was too clean. The empty cans of soda I left on the coffee table was gone. The table was wiped clean, and there was light in the kitchen.

"Kageyama! Where were you? " a feminine voice I was so familiar and sick of.

My mother had come home. Unexpectedly.

I glared at her and turned to Hinata, "hey, uhm, go to my room, turn right the first door, ok? Stay there till I come in. "

He looked at me confused and looked like he was about to ask questions but in the end he nodded and went to my room.

"Kageyama! Don't make me ask again! I was back home yesterday but you weren't at home. You didn't even come back at night! Do you know how worried I was? " my mother said angrily.

Worried? Worried? When has she ever worried about me?

"Since when have you worried about me? For two months! Two months! You left me here with some money to live by myself! Have you ever cared? Obviously not! You never called, you never messaged or asked if I was OK with it. You just upped and left leaving a single note for me...." I started shouting, spilling all my anger and frustration.

~time skip with Hinata missing and then hitting the bottle~

Hinata Shoyo

I felt like an intruder. Despite how hard I tried to ignore whatever Kageyama and his mother was saying, I couldn't. They were too loud. I could hear every single word they said.

I tried to busy myself by looking at Kageyama stuff. It was pretty messy, clothes all over the floor, books piled up all over his table. His messy bed with a Volleyball on it.

I sat down on his bed and awkwardly waited.

His door suddenly wrenched opened and Kageyama stepped in. He slammed the door closed and took deep breaths.

I have never seen him so angry. Sure, hitting the back of his head with a serve was pretty scary, but this was on a whole new level.

I heard stomping to the front door and another slam of the door outside, his mother had left the house.

Kageyama pulled his chair from his study table and sat there, face covered by his hand. I just sat there awkwardly, I didnt know what to do. It was a family matter.

A few seconds of silence then I heard sniffing. He was crying?

"K-Kageyama...?" I said timidly.

He didn't respond, but I think he is crying.

I sat up and walked to him and I saw puddles of water on his table, and tears dripping from his cheeks.

I wasn't sure what to do, I placed a hand on his back and rubbed it, waiting for Kageyama to react but he didn't.

I moved closer and leaned against his back and wrapped my arms around his chest.

I could feel his ragged breathing as he cried.

A few minutes, we didn't do anything, he broke the silence and said, "I'm sorry you had to see me like that. "

"It's ok, it's alright to cry once in a while. We are all human. " I replied. It broke my heart to see him so broken, so sad.

He turned around and looked at me with watery eyes. His eyes were red and puffy from crying. He studied me from a while then he grabbed my shirt and buried his head in it.

"I don't get it... Why me? " he murmured.

I pulled him closer and wrapped my arms around his back, trying to comfort him.