chapter 30- Back at Karasuno

Kageyama Tobio

We sat together in the classroom.  I wouldn't meet his eye. Sometimes, he would just look up at me and open his mouth and mouthed something and looked back down and seem furious at himself.

"What do you want to say. " I asked, looking down at him.

"I'm sorry. " he said.

"That's all? " I raised an eyebrow, I knew I was being a little mean, but Hinata doesn't remember anything between us, I can't pretend that didn't hurt me.

He rummaged through his bag and pulled out a small card with the words "I'm sorry" on it and a cruddy drawing of what seemed to be Hinata apologizing.

"Jeez really? " I asked.

"Hey, you seemed pretty mad and sad I can't remember anything, there has gotta be something I can do to make you feel better!" he whined.

I stared at him. If he wanted me to feel better, then remember something, but I said, "what ever. "I kept the card.

"If you keep being like this it's going to affect your performance in volleyball! Than it will affect my performance too since you can't toss properly! " he continued.

He was back to being the boy who only had volleyball on his mind. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be happy or upset.

I sighed, "so you are doing this for volleyball? "

"Well no... Well partly! If I don't have a good setter I won't spike properly! Besides, you are already really bad like, " he made an impression of me, "you suck like shit. So like you being like this would make things ten times worse! "

His impression of me made me smile, he would do that sometimes when we were having small roasting sessions.

"Yes! You are smiling, I should continue making im-ow Ow Ow Ow Leggo! Leggo! " I grabbed his hair to stop him from reminding me about us... It was... Painful.

I let go and he beamed at me and I smiled back, even if it wasn't the Hinata I knew, it was still Hinata, and that smile was still just as bright.

We weren't as awkward as before, it was like we returned to the times when we were just friends. I felt sort of miserable, like I was stuck with the worst re-do, but at least, maybe, I could make him fall for me again.

As we were making our way to gym, he said, "actually, I've forgotten a lot of things. "

"Like what? "

"I can't remember how our spring tournament last year was like... I knew the results but... Nothing else. And I can't remember my middle school either... It's just a foggy mess inside now. " Hinata said, looking upset with himself, like he felt guilty that he forgot all this things.

"Hopefully they'll come back. " I said, I was honestly just hoping he would remember us... It was sort of selfish but hey... I can't help it.

"Oh wait... I think I remember something... Kita... Kiragawa... Kitagawa Daiichi! Is that... I'm pretty sure it's not my school... " Hinata trailed off, frowning.

Hearing him say my junior high school, maybe all hope wasnt lost, maybe he would remember, given time...

"It's my school, idiot. " I said, ruffling his hair. He looked surprised, and I pulled away... I had to keep in mind I can't just keep touching him.

"Why would I remember you school instead of mine... Stupid brain, why do you remember stuff about him? " he muttered angrily.

I smiled and said, "your middle school was Yukigaoka... I don't think I would ever forget it. "

"Why? " he asked curiously.

"You seriously don't remember? " I asked.

"I think I lost... " he scratched his head, frowning as he tried to think. In the end, he gave up, "could you tell me? Maybe I would remember more. "

I sighed as I remembered the first day we met, "so, it was the first round and I am pretty sure you had only 6 members-" I was cut off by a loud shout from Nishinoya.

"HIIIIIINAAAAAAATAAAAAAA SHOOOOOYOOOOOOOO!!! HOWWW DAREEEEEE YOUUUUU DUMPPPPP USSSSS! " nishinoya yelled and tackled Hinata, sending them both onto the ground.

"Nishinoya Senpai! Tanaka senpai!" Hinata said, trying to get up.

"Hey, guys, calm down. " I said, easily pulling Nishinoya and Hinata apart.

"Yoo, hey guys! "

"Hi! "

We all turned around to see Sugawara and Daichi. They have returned to Karasuno to visit us.

"What are you guys doing here? " I asked.

"We heard Hinata came back from where ever he was, we thought we should come to check on him. "

Hinata ran to them, "Daichi-san! Uhm.... " he stared at him and winced as he tried to remember Sugawara, "I... I know you... Uhmm... It's something-wara... Sugawara? "

Tanaka and Nishinoya burst out laughing, "you can't remember Sugawara? "

Hinata was getting mobbed by the others and I just sighed and walked into the gym. I put down my stuff and brushed my face with my hand, trying not to feel too upset. It was difficult.

"GUYSSSS SUGAWARA AND DAICHI ARE GOING OUT! " Nishinoya announced loudly into the gym, even though I was the only one there.

"Nishinoya! Shut it! " Daichi said nervously.

"Hey Nishinoya, don't announce it like that, anyone can hear it! "Sugawara said.

"Haha! OK. How did you guys get together? " Nishinoya asked.

"Oh... Daichi asked me out. He was really sweet. " Sugawara said, playing with Daichi's hair.

I felt like my heart was being wrenched out of my chest. Hinata... Why'd he have to forget about us? Why? We could have been just like them... But no... The world just keeps trying to keep us apart.

"Woah, Kageyama, you look scary as hell, what's wrong? " Hinata asked.

I gritted my teeth and said, "nothing's wrong. "

Hinata almost jumped out of his skin and the rest just looked at me, confused but did not press on.

~time skip~

We walked home together like we usually did, it was kind of weird after spending months going home alone.

"You have a relationship problem? " Hinata asked out of no where.

"Hah? What are you talking about scrub? " I asked angrily.

"Aw come on, it's written all over your face. When you heard Daichi and Sugawara were going out, you looked like someone kicked you in the crotch, then when Sugawara said how they got together, you looked down right murderous. Then during the whole training, you werent even concentrating. So what? Recently broke up with a girlfriend? " he asked.

I sighed, I wasn't sure if I should tell him... Probably not, it was going to freak him out, who knew what he thought about me now. "It's... Complicated. "

"Complicated huh... Tell me, maybe I can help. " Hinata said.

I sighed, hesitating on whether I should tell me. If I don't say the name, maybe he wouldn't know, "so basically... My partner... Well h... I mean she disappeared for a few months, her parents didnt allow me to stay with her... Then a few days ago she almost died and she lost her memory... So basically... She doesn't remember us. "

"Hmm... "

I frowned, "what is hmm? "

"Maybe bring her to a place that is special to both of you, maybe it would jog her memory? " Hinata suggested.

Special place... The shrub? Yes... That would be a great idea.

"You are a genius Hinata. "