chapter 5- Sleepy

Hinata Shoyo

I was awoken from the bumping if the bus. I realised that I was leaning against something soft, and something was leaning against my head. I could smell that familiar deodorant that Kageyama had.

I was leaning against him.

I shifted a little and Kageyama didn't do anything, I assumed he was asleep.

I could see Karasuno from the window, it was time I woke him up.

But for some reasons, I didnt know how to wake him up.

Just pull me head away from him? I didnt want him to get angry at me.

I just shifted my hand a little and shook him gently.

"Kageyama? " I said softly.

No response.

"Kageyama, wake up! "

"Huh Huh? "

He sat right up and noticed that we have arrived at school. He rubbed his eye, looking groggy.

"Oh, and, er, thanks." I murmured softly for him to hear, blushing slightly.

"Huh? Oh. Your welcome, your head served as a really good pillow as well." he responded.

Then the next moment, he seemed to process what he just said and blushed furiously.

"I-I didn't m-mean-"

I watched him get flustered and laughed. He was really funny when he was flustered.

"Haha, it's OK. " I said.

The bus came to a stop and we filed down the bus. We sleepily listened to our coach and slowly made our way home.

It was dark and cold as Kageyama and I walked back home.

He kept yawning and looked like he could face plant onto the ground any time soon and fall asleep.

I pulled my jacket around me, it was pretty cold tonight. I shivered as we walked.

"Ah-choo"

"Got a cold? " Kageyama looked down at me.

"Yeah, I think so. " I sniffed.

"Gahh, could we rest for a while, I'm tired. My legs hurt. " Kageyama complained.

We came to a bus stop and Kageyama sat down, yawning.

The wind was pretty strong and it was unusually cold. My teeth were chattering and I couldn't stop shivering.

Kageyama didn't seemed bothered by the cold. He just kept yawning.

"K-Kageyama, how are y-you not c-cold? "

"I dunno, it's like asking you why are you cold. " he replied sleepily.

"Oh. Can we get going? "

"It's been barely five minutes can we just stay for a little while more? " he sort of whined.

I sighed, "I'm freezing here! If you could keep me warm I'll wait. "

He frowned then blushed. I realized what he was thinking.

"N-No! I-I didn't m-mean it t-that way! " I panicked. I didnt want him to think that way, I didnt want to make things awkward. Though it would be really nice to be in his arms again, especially when its so cold.

"I-" he stopped and looked like he was thinking, I could almost see gears under his hair working. He unzipped his jacket and held out his arms.

"M... Maybe I could help you stay warm. "