Chapter 18

Kiara:
I paced around the room as we waited for Mia to come at night...

To say I was nervous is an understatement, I've been waiting to see my kids since they left and now having to have to explain to them why I've hid myself from them is giving me a giddy feeling.

And being a vampire isn't helping either as my feelings are intensified and emotions are so mixed up with me coming back home...

"Harry what if she doesn't come?" I asked my husband as he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him.

"She will love, I need you to calm down though you're making me dizzy" Harry chuckled before kissing my collarbone.

"Shhhh love" Harry whispered gently.

That's when a blue portal appeared in the middle of the room making me pull away from my husband and my eyes widen as I saw my beautiful daughter come out of it...

"Can I know what was so important that I had to.... Mum!?" Mia stopped mid sentence when she saw me.

"How?" She froze in her spot literally a step away from the portal.

Andrea walked to the portal and and closed it before standing beside his sister.

"Is this some kind of joke?" Mia asked looking at Harry.

"Not a joke Mia" I answered.

"Who the bloody hell are you? Because you sure as hell are not my mother" she asked.

"She is Mia" Harry answered gently.

"Don't you even dare speak to me, you're lucky Andrea didn't stake you and that I'm being patient enough not to" Mia said angrily.

"Mia..." Andrea whispered to his sister.

"No Andrea, he killed our mother!" Mia snapped.

"I DID NOT!" Harry suddenly yelled.

"Yes you did" Mia stood her ground and looked at Harry dead in the eye.

"I did not" he said taking a step toward her.

"You bit her" Mia snapped "right before our eyes"

"But I did not kill her"

"What the bloody hell is going on!?" Mia snapped.

"Sit down love, and we'll explain everything" I said softly making my daughter look at me.

"You caused us too much pain to bare" Mia snapped at me.

"Mia..." Andrea said gently trying to calm his sister.

"No Andrea, do you think I didn't know that you cried yourself to sleep almost every night? That you isolated yourself from everyone whenever you felt weak?" Mia snapped at her brother making me look down at my feet.

How much pain have I caused my kids?

"Mia, I think you need to sit down..." Andrea said gently standing in front of his sister.

"She must have a reason Mia, I can feel it in my guts, but you snapping wont help with anything right now" Mia's eyes softened at her brother's words and nodded before Andrea moved aside and both he and his sister were waiting for me to explain my story...

And that's exactly what I did...