Chapter 2

***

***

Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin gave me their last names. Being Kim Hea is one of the best things that has ever happened to me. Someone left me infront of the orphanage where they were working before. Instead of surrendering me to the orphanage, they took me home with them.

Namjoon told me that there was nothing with me, just the clothes I was wearing and the basket that I was in. They thought I was dead but then I started crying out of hunger. I can't imagine how my parents just left me there. I despise them for what they did. I was only 3 days old and they abandoned me easily.

Namjoon and Jin practically raised me. How I ended up with this job you ask, a 22 year old college student as a gun for hire who kills mercilessly? Namjoon and Jin was suppose to be under the government's private military force but their higher ups declined their application and introduced them to this kind of business. He said they were too rare for the government to just waste.

At first, they were hesitant. But because they only have enough money for our food and rent, they decided to accept what they were offered. They started to get more and more money and was able to raise me well, they gave me a life more than comfortable and I can't be more thankful for that. They let me study in a great university here in Seoul and provided everything I needed.

They knew that my life was in danger because of their work but I reassured them I'll be fine. They thought me everything they know and ended up having the same job as them even though they were adamant at that. They almost failed at one of their mission and I was the only one who they knew was capable of finishing it and saving them. I started just at the age of 16 and they were still hesitating to let me have the same job as them but I always end up saving their asses.

No one suspected me because I am young, a beautiful woman, alluring even and I got the guts to kill without hesitation. They thought I couldn't but doing it felt natural for me. It's like I was born to do this. Since then, they gave me a code and introduced me to the industry. They gave me missions that were impossible for them to do alone. We became a team. Sometimes, three of us are in action. Sometime's we go in pairs.

My code Seven started to spread like wild fire and I got hired more than Namjoon and Jin. They were always there to help me though. They don't want to accept any money that I get as a payment I give them but I insisted. Jin's code is Five, Namjoon is Six and I am Seven. Don't ask me why because I don't know myself. They wanted me to still have a normal college life and enrolled me to this university.

No one knew though. No one suspects because I always land on top of the class. Namjoon told me to get what I really wanted and literature was what my heart lead me to. I don't regret entering this business. But what I really wanted to do before all of this was to become a writer. I always lived with my books and even though I'm doing this job, that dream never died.

Being in this university made me feel normal. No one know who I really am, what's my real identity. All they know is that I'm having my part time job at a restaurant, I'm living in a simple household, in a simple neighborhood.

Namjoon and Jin means everything to me and they feel the same way about me. They told me I was the one who brought hope to them. That I make them happy and satisfied. They worry a lot though. They almost don't want me to go out of the house before. But when they saw my potential and how strong I am, they finally trusted me.

I love them. It may sound so cheesy but I really do. Without them, I must be dead right then and there. If not, another family must've already taken me.

"Yah!" Taehyung, my classmate waved his hand infront of me. "Are you even listening to me?" he sounded annoyed.

"Sorry, I was spacing out," I apologized.

In his eyes, I'm weak and a nerd college student who wears glasses and normal clothes. Who still uses an outdated samsung phone and has a worn out bag. Just how I wanted him to see me. I don't want to risk his life because of me.

"What I'm saying is that a guy in black suit is looking for you," he pointed at the man standing under a shed near us.

I looked at it and saw who he's referring to. I'm not alarmed, no one knows who I really am and if I get in trouble, I can defend myself. Ofcourse, Taehyung doesn't know that.

I stood up and went to where the guy is. "You were looking for me sir?" I politely asked, bowing.

"My boss wanted to talk to you," he pointed at the black car parked outside our gate.

I knew that once I exit my school premisses, I am no longer under it's protection so I will play my cards well at this even though I don't know who the enemy is.

"I have class in 10 minutes sir. If your boss wanted to talk to me, he can come here," I said innocently, not giving a hint at what I'm doing.

He spoke through his ear piece quietly and he faced me once again.

"He said he'll come, just wait here," he said.

"Thank you," I smiled sweetly at him. I can clearly see his cheeks turning red and I can tell that I am affecting him. Even though I'm wearing this unflattering clothes, I still make an effort to make my presence strong.

I sat down on the bench and waited for his boss. When he came under the shed, I am in shock when I realized who he was.

But even though I wanted to react, I maintained my posture and acted as if this is the first time I'm seeing him.

I stood up and bowed, greeting him.

"Good afternoon sir," I smiled at him.

"How you address me sounds familiar," he said slyly.

Shit! Namjoon's politeness is rubbing off of me, calling everyone sir and ma'am. I internally rolled my eyes at that.

He sat down motioning me to sit as well. We both looked at the wide space infront of us. A couple of students passing by and some are chilling under the trees that effectively creates a shed under.

I can smell his fresh and musky scent from here and my stomach starts to churn. Why is he affecting me so much?

His silver hair parted to the side and he's wearing another regal black suit just like last night.

"I waited for your call last night," he spoke and this time, I let my shock take over my facial expression.

"What do you ever mean sir?" I still tried.

He looked at me with his cold stare. "I told you to call me last night but you never did,"

"I think you got the wrong person,"

"I never make mistakes," his voice pierced through my ear. His voice raspy, low and cold.

"I'm sorry sir but I already have class," I hastily cut this useless conversation.

"I came here to offer you a job Seven," he quietly said in low voice so others won't hear.

The hair on the back of my neck stood up at the mention of my code. No one knows my face, not even my clients. No one has directly called me that and I knew something's about to happen.

I just feel it in my guts.

He's trouble.

•••