Why they kidnapped Ann

Before the kidnapping...

Super Hot Sharingan Master!! or Itachi's POV
I stood in front of the Hidden Leaf Village or rather... my old village. It's been a long time since I came back here. It almost feels nostalgic.

"Itachi, shall we enter?" Kisame mused as he adjusted his hat. I nodded and walked closer to the Village entrance.

2 Chunin's, who was standing by, immediately stopped us in our tracks. "Hey, Identify yourselves!!" One of them stated as he walked towards us.

Kisame chuckled, "Itachi, would you like to do the honors?"

I looked up at them, and gave them a cold glare, "Move, or I will move you."

The Chunin's eyes widened. "I-I-Itachi?!--" he prepared to take out a kunai in his pocket.

My glare became colder as my eyes showed my sharingan. It didn't take long to put a tsukoyomi on the terrified Chunin.

He stood there, frozen and absent-minded. He then dropped his kunai into the ground.

"O-oi! Kotetsu, What's--" The other Chunin was cut off mud-sentence when he realized who we were. "Itachi?! And one of the seven ninja swordsmen?!" He muttered to himself.

"I won't let you through!!" He ran towards us at an average high speed. "Surrender yourselves!!"

Suddenly, a huge wave of water came out of nowhere, and splashed right on top him.

"Kotetsu!!" The still conscious Chunin tried to grab hold of his friend, who was still in a daze.

The wave then started going in a different direction, carrying both Chunin's away. Before they were out of my sight, I could see the glare the one Chunin had when he looked at me. Though, my face still remained emotionless.

I looked to my side and found out my partner was the one who did it. Kisame gave me a grin. "Shall we proceed?" He questioned.

I nodded slightly and walked through the gates of Konoha.

I wonder...

How is Sasuke doing?

Timeskip
Itachi's POV
My partner and I sat down in a small restaurant. We were eating ramen peacefully--ish.

That is when we felt someone staring at us for quite a while. Kisame chuckled, "It seems we have caught the interest of a certain copy ninja."

I placed down my chopsticks. "Yes, it would seem so," I stated as I left the payment on the table.

I stood up with Kisame following me. "Let's go." I walked out of the store, already knowing what's gonna happen next.

I can't get distracted. Remember the reason why I was sent here.

Keep an eye on the Nine-Tailed Fox and gather more information.

Those were the strict instructions my leader, Pein, gave me.

In any case, I shouldn't be drawing attention to myself, I am quite known around here.

"Itachi," A familiar voice called out, making me slowly turn towards them.

Kakashi...

I looked to his side.

Kurenai...

To his left was,

Asuma.

"There's no doubt, it's him," Asuma remarked with a smirk. "Uchiha Itachi."