Chapter 37

3rd POV
As Shizune exited the room, she immediately wrote down the girls' chakra and its similarity with the chakra found in the container.

After gathering some information, the chakra apparently had been found in the Hidden Sand Village during the Akatsuki's attack.

The chakra was somehow similar to Gaara, as said by, well, Gaara himself. As the village was about to be attacked, a sudden wind barrier had appeared out of nowhere, acting as a second shield.

Few moments after, the barrier disappeared out of thin air, but not before releasing what seemed to be the particles of the chakra we now have today

This girl.. is she the one who did that?

Shizune froze a bit in her spot when she felt a strange change in the atmosphere. Maybe it was just her imagination, but she could feel a gust of wind rippling from the door behind her. And as far as she can see, the nearby curtains had also swayed a bit before returning back to its normal state.

Shizune quickly turned back, and slammed the door open, making the young girl let out a small yelp. "Uhh-- hello.." Ann squeaked after some silence, staring up at Shizune with slightly shocked and relieved eyes.

Everything looked okay, there was definitely nothing out of place, Shizune thought as her gaze darted everywhere.

That was until she glanced over to the girl sitted on the bed. ".. you need something?" Ann questioned as she crossed her arms, and tried to look as laid back as possible. She did her best to imitate Shikamaru's lazy expressions but she wasn't really doing well.

Something about this girl was definitely suspicious as if she wasn't sketchy enough since the beginning. "No, well, actually-" Shizune strutted closer to the bed. She kept her gaze solely on Ann, now noticing the change of atmosphere was because of the different chakra she now held.

"Ha.. how about this-" The sound of a clip opening was heard, followed by the sound of papers rustling softly. "I'm no good at this, really. So how about you write your name here, what village you're from, and maybe.. why you saved a leaf ninja."

Ann's POV
Shizune gently plopped the paper down in front of me while taking out a spare pen from her pocket. "No need to rush yourself. You must still feel dizzy from what happened," Shizune said as she smiled a bit.

"Ah.. yeah, kindaa.. but I feel a bit better now," I replied, grabbing on to the pen she was now holding out.

Aah, what should my name be?

Ann.. a?

Anna.. beth?

Ann...

"Ouhh, I know! How about.. Ariadneron? Sounds pretty epic if you ask me."

"Did you seriously just mix our names together?"

Aha! I got it!

I pulled the paper closer to me and started scribbling down what was on my mind. Obviously, they were all fake, and totally not my information but its better that way. No one would find out.

Shizune curiously peered over me, her eyes following every single thing I was writing. "Arion?" She read aloud as she cocked her head to the side slightly. "Is that your name?"

"Mmhm," I hummed, still writing. "And, sadly, I don't exactly have a village. I kind of just wander around the land, nowhere in particular."

"I see.."

After writing down all that was needed, I picked up the paper with one hand and held it out to Shizune, who gradually takes it.

"You didn't write the reason for saving that leaf ninja," Shizune stated as she frowned a bit.