Misunderstandings

Ann's POV
I sat down on a bench near the park, chewing on the barbecue I just stole.

I feel like Shikamaru, Chouji and Ino are gonna get sooo pissed when they realize I stole their barbecue.

"Yes, you're so dead."

A sigh escaped me, and I continued chewing. I'm sure I'll be able to pay it back, somehow. Augh, I still can't believe the fact that I acted like I was Shikamaru's lover in front of his team, and sensei, they're definitely gonna take it the wrong way.

I don't even know why I was acting like that... My guess is because I wanted food. And I'm pretty sure Shikamaru wouldn't be that affected anyway, he'll soon find out I stole their barbeque then he'll make theories and la la la.

Uh, oh.. I just realized Shikamaru's probably pissed right now.

An angry, smart, strategic Nara= Shameful death

I shivered at the thought. It reminded me of when Team 10 was battling against Hidan and Kakuzu. What if Shikamaru'll borrow the lighter of Asuma then light me up before burying me underground?!?

Now I'll know how Hidan will feel...

As I got lost in my own thoughts, I unconsciously picked up the sound of footsteps from beside me but they were at a far distance so I didn't really mind it at first.

Hey, Ariadne...

"What?"

If you can hear my thoughts, does that mean you know that I'm another world?

"Of course, human. I was the one who brought you here in the first place."

Really? That's cool.

"I know."

"Ann..?" I heard a hoarse, and slightly shocked, voice call out, making me turn to them.

"Yeah--" I stopped myself when I realized Naruto was standing there with a terrified look on his face.

"Ann, where the hell did you go?!" He yelled as he ran at me, and grabbed me by my collar, forcing me to stand slightly. The sudden movement and impact made me loosen my grip on the remaining barbeque pieces.

Ahh, what a waste...

I spared a small sad glance towards the fallen meat before turning my attention to the person in front of me. His grip on my collar tightened as he continued to intensely stare directly into my eyes.

I have to admit, the sight itself made me feel a bit nervous. "Naruto.." I gulped and patted his back while his grip tightened even more, to the point his hands itself were turning a bit white.

"I was so worried.." he muttered as he gritted his teeth.

It broke my heart to see Naruto like this. It sort of reminded me of the times when a character dies and Naruto gets sad and blames himself for it.

"Ann.." Naruto grumbled as he pulled away slightly. "I--" He seemed like he was trying to say something but couldn't get it out.

I gave him a reassuring smile. "Naruto, what is it?" I questioned as I continued patting his back. I could almost feel his ragged breathing even if his jacket was separating me from his actual body.

"I... missed you, shisuta," He choked out. My breath hitched, and I could suddenly hear a small pounding inside my head.

What is this feeling..?