Chapter 28

AUJREJSJDJ-- DA CRINGE! WARNING! THIS. IS. CRINGY.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
●~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

Kakashi couldn't believe what he was hearing. Neither could Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. They looked like they were about to burst into tears, excluding Sasuke who just had a shock yet angry face.

"I'm sorry," said the medical ninja. "We were too late."

At that moment, a small choked sob escaped from the group. Kakashi looked down and saw Sakura bursting in tears as she bit her lip. It was painfully obvious that she was about to break down, but...

..she couldn't. She had to stay strong for the team. For Naruto, Sasuke, her Sensei, and...

Ann.

"Sakura." The pinkette glanced up to her teacher, who gives her a soft glance. "It's fine. Let it out," He said. That was the cue. She couldn't take it anymore.

"A-Ann.." she covered her mouth as tears started rapidly falling down her cheeks. Sniffles and whimpers escaped her, but she tried to hold it in. It was almost impossible.

How could she not break down?

It felt as if a big part of her was taken away.

Sakura may not have shown it, but she was very inspired by Ann. She wasn't really strong or smart really, but it was her personality that made her inspired. Ann was kind of hard-headed, yet, she never gave up easily. Not to mention, she was funny and easy to get along with. That's what made Sakura inspired by her.

Sakura wanted to be like her. But now...

It's no use.

Ann's gone.

"Shut up!" Sakura flinched a bit when Naruto suddenly screamed. "Ann's not gone! She never will be!!" He yelled.

Poor Naruto, he looked as if he wanted to cry as well. But, it seemed like he was in denial. "She's strong! She would never be defeated this easily!" Naruto screamed as he wiped his tears away before they dripped.

"Naruto, shut up," Sasuke spat, in an ice-cold voice. He definitely wasn't as broken down as the other two. He wasn't close to Ann at all. There was only one thing swirling around his head.

I will avenge you, Ann. Someday...

"Sasuke you jerk!!" The Uchiha let out a small inaudible grunt as Naruto grabbed him by the collar. "What the hell are you tryna' do?!" He screamed. His fists were starting to tighten around Sasuke's collar, it would be a lie to say it was starting to get a little hard to breathe.

"Naruto! Stop!" Sakura said, her voice sounded hoarse and maybe a bit raspy. "Ann wouldn't want us to fight!"

Kakashi didn't want to make matters worse, so he quickly separated the two while giving them a bit of a glare. "Both of you, calm yourselves. And if you're ready, go inside," He said, in a strict tone.

What inside, you ask?

Well, that would be Ann's room.

"Sakura, you can go in ahead," Sakura nodded softly and held the doorknob. To say the understatement, Sakura was terrified. She would not be expecting what she would be seeing.

"I can do this." thought Sakura as she took deep breaths and slide the door open. In her hands was a flower, a small but beautiful flower. It sort of symbolized their friendship, it was small but worth every moment.

As Sakura stepped in, she immediately saw Ann on the bed. It was horrifying. Bandages covered almost half of her body, only leaving out her face which also looked beaten up.