Chapter 36

Super Hot Sharigan Master's POV

"You failed?!" Deidara couldn't help but let out a small snort. "And you call yourselves powerful, un!" He mocked, giving a small eye roll.

"Shut your blonde-ass up!" Hidan growled. The tension in the room was starting to grow thicker and thicker as Hidan and Deidara continued to argue.

It went to the point where it was starting to get on all our nerves, especially Pein.

"Silence," the said man stated, his deep voice echoing all around. His eyes held unamusement as he stared down at the two immortals. "Kakuzu, what caused this failure?" He questioned, no emotion in his voice whatsoever.

"Oh, yeah. That kid from before, she was supposedly with the 2-tails Jinchuriki, but that's not yet confirmed," Kakuzu said, his eyes narrowing towards Kisame and I's direction.

"If only some people wouldn't let their target get away so easily-"

"For Jashin's sake, this wouldn't have happened if fish face and weasel didn't let the brat escape!" Hidan butted in, angrily crossing his arms, and glaring straight at me.

"Now, now, let's not get violent," Kisame said. He still felt amused, even in this situation. That's quite impressive.

"Ha Ha! See? Sasori and I were the only ones who were able to complete our mission, take that, un!" Deidara boasted as he raised his chin up, proudly.

"Oh, that's amazing, senpai!" Our newest member, Tobi, had started to clap his hands together as he complimented Deidara more.

Tobi... is not what he seems.

I have to keep an eye on him.

"Itachi, Kisame." My partner and I turned our attention to our leader. "You will deal with the problem that is causing all this, considering she was supposedly your capture," he stated.

"And what will we do in the meantime?" Kakuzu questioned, raising a brow. Hidan piped down a bit, also listening in on their new orders.

"You will lay low in the meantime. You've already attracted a lot of attention."

Ann.. huh...

As Kisame and I had started to begin the extraction of the 1-tails, I secretly set up a shadow clone to keep an eye out for Ann.

I knew what she was doing. I knew where she was going. Yet, as an Akatsuki member, I didn't stop her.

There was just this feeling that kept nagging at me. I can't be sure, but whatever she's trying to do is definitely crucial.

I just... couldn't bring myself to stop her. I let her escape.

There was just one thing that I hoped for when she told me that she knew what would happen in the future.

I hoped... she'll lead Sasuke to the right path, and that he won't live on with any regrets.

He's still pure and could be easily influenced.

And Ann... she knows what will happen.

I just hope... she'll have the heart help Sasuke, even if he does become stubborn at some times.

That's all I want.

"Itachi, let's head out," Kisame announced as he disappeared. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and followed right after.

As usual, we were in the middle of the forest. Sometimes we would have short meetings with the others so we needed somewhere we won't be easily spotted.