Fighting to graduate?!

Ann's POV
I sat down on the floor in front of a small round-table. As soon as we made it into Shikamaru's room, the first thing he said was that he wanted to play shoji, whatever that is.

"Soo, how do you play shoudi?" I questioned as Shikamaru sat on the opposite side of the table.

A sigh escaped him. "It's called 'shoji'," He stated, almost annoyed by how I kept repeating the same verbal-error. "As you know, it's a board game."

"Oh really? I didn't know that!" I said, sarcastically. He didn't respond and took out the board game from its' box. I watched as he then threw the box aside, and paid more attention to the pieces in front of him.

"Right, so this piece goes here then this one goes here..." He just kept on explaining and explainiiinggg even if I didn't get one single word he was saying.

"You must be bored."

Really? I didn't realize that myself!

"Ann?"

I blinked cluelessly as I realized he was waving his hand in front of my face. "Are you even listening?" He questioned with an annoyed expression.

A guilty smile made its way to my face, "Yes..?"

"Liar."

"Okay fine! I wasn't listening," I admitted as I looked away. I wasn't really into playing board games in my previous world. I always played video games instead.

"I thought so. Troublesome woman," He sighed. After that, we didn't really talk much, and all he did was continue setting the pieces to their right place. It wasn't an awkward kind of silence but it was somewhat comforting.

I looked towards Shikamaru from the corner of my eyes, only for him to glance away.

Is he staring at me?

"Maybe it's because you like the boy."

What? noo...

I don't think of Shikamaru like that.

"But you called him names like 'sweetheart', 'darling',--"

I was just kidding!!

"Okay then, if you say so."

I was cut off from my thoughts when I saw Shikamaru glance at me again. "What? Is there something on my face or..?" I snapped as I crossed my arms.

He didn't reply, and continued staring, up until the point it was getting uncomfortable for me.

"H-hey, don't stare at me like that.." I mumbled, looking down at the floor.

"Oh? Are you getting embarrassed?" He questioned, letting out a small chuckle in the end. His expression showed amusement as well as the tone in his voice. "How unlike you."

"Shut up! J-Just show me how to play already!" I stated as I crossed my arms. He was repeating the same thing that Ino and Choji were saying from the restaurant. I knew that, and he knew that which is why he felt so amused.

This is probably payback from earlier. Well, I guess I deserve it...

"You know, distracting my group by saying those things to me, was pretty smart," Shikamaru spoke as he boredly glanced down to the board, and played with one of the pieces. "For a dumb girl like you, that is."

I grunted at his remark before sighing. "I am sorry for stealing your barbeque, you happy now?" I questioned as I playfully rolled my eyes, and leaned on my arm. This made him let out another chuckle.