Chapter 6 [] At the Library

-Kit-

"I didn't even notice that you left early yesterday." Beam admitted.

We were all sitting at the outdoor benches. 

"That's because you were too busy with those girls." I replied.

"If I knew that you were leaving then I wouldn't have let you go." He whined.

"Well, I'm glad that you didn't know."

"Tell me one good reason that you rejected that girl yesterday."

"I'm just not interested."

"You'll stay single forever at this rate, then."

"And I'm happy."

"You're really stubborn."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Ye-"

"Guys, shut up." Pha groaned, as he tapped away on his phone.

Beam fell silent as I smirked in victory.

"Oi, Pha." Beam tapped Pha's arm.

"Hm?"

"Yesterday, you disappeared from the table. Where did you go?"

"I took N'Yo home."

"Why is everyone abandoning me?" Beam let out another whine.

"No one is abandoning you, you ass." Pha chuckled.

"Are too. We were supposed to leave together at least."

"Says the person that once disappeared shortly after I sat down." Pha raised his eyebrows.

"When?"

"Of course you don't remember when." Pha sighed.

"I don't."

"Well, I got too busy to remind you." 

Beam pouted his lips and Pha mimicked him, snorting.

What kind of friends do I have?

"So did you go to sleep or what?" Beam suddenly turned his attention to me.

"I studied." I replied honestly.

"As usual." Beam snorted.

I smacked his arm. He yelped and rubbed his arm dramatically, "Gosh kitty, you're really harsh."

I wasn't in the mood to comment about that horrible nickname again, so I stood up.

"Where are you going?"

"The library. I need to get the books required by our professor for our research project."

"Ohh, I totally forgot about that." Beam slapped his forehead.

Nice acting, fucker.

"I'll go now since the library is pretty empty at this time." I looked at the time on my phone.

"Okay." He shrugged.

I started to make my way to the university's library. All the departments in this university shared one library, so it was placed in the middle of the campus. It took me a 10-minute walk, roughly. I pushed open the glass door to the building and stepped in. The place was pretty quiet. I saw a few students here and there but it wasn't overly crowded.

I pulled out a note from my backpack and read through the list of books. 

I took a deep breath. Let's get started.

I began walking around and got the books accordingly. Then, I walked back to a vacant table and placed them there before glancing at the list again.

"One more." I thought. I walked around and looked for the specific section. My eyes ran over the bookshelves, scanning every title. I finally was able to see the book, but it was a little too high for me to reach.

I groaned in frustration and stood as far as I could on my toes. I couldn't reach it. I tried to jump, but I still couldn't reach it.

Fuck.

I stared at the book helplessly as if it would suddenly float down to me. I tried one last time, reaching out as far as I could. Suddenly, I felt cool, slender fingers brush against my extended fingers. The hand grabbed the book I was trying to get and pulled it out. I jumped violently at the action and the person's touch. I quickly turned around and instantly fell into the gaze of the person standing behind me.

Oh fuck no.

🍫