Chapter 22 [] Lies

-Kit-

"..Oi Mingkwan." I breathed out. 

I couldn't break my stare away from him. That bastard was still staring at me with his intense gaze. That same tense atmosphere settled back again.

His eyes were dangerous. There's some sort of power that pulls me in towards them. If I stare at them for more than five seconds, I'll find myself helplessly stuck in that heated gaze.

 I used all the willpower inside of me to force my eyes away from him.

What the fuck am I even thinking? 

"..Beam isn't coming back is he..?" I tried to open a topic while keeping my eyes focused on the sky once more.

"Mh, I don't think so." Ming's calm voice glided over to me again.

"Well, I'm going to go back." I got up abruptly.

"I'll come with you."

Ugh shit.

"Hurry then." I said shortly as I began to go back, taking faster steps in each stride.

Maybe I can lose him if I go faster.

I heard him running behind me and slowing down next to me to walk by my side. 

..Or maybe not.

I didn't muster a single word but kept my eyes focused on the hotel. We reached inside with no issues and took the elevator up to our floor. When I stopped in front of my door, I shoved the key inside the keyhole hurriedly.

"P'Kit." Ming spoke.

"What?" I snapped. I was fumbling with my keys like an idiot with the door. My hands were shaking again and I can't seem to know why. This is the second time that my hands get like this today for no apparent reason.

Why doesn't this piece of shit open?!

I finally gave it one push and it opened successfully. I let out a sigh of relief. I started to step in but I felt someone tug my sleeve. I whipped around instantly, facing Ming.

"What?!" 

"Goodnight, P'." He flashed me a smile.

"Goodnight!" I growled as he smiled happily again.

Then I quickly slammed the door and locked it.

Holy...shit.