Chapter 12 [] At The Movies

-Ming-

"Hey, what flavor of popcorn do you like?" I quickly whispered to Kit, who was standing behind me with his arms crossed.

"Er.."

"Butter?"

"Sure."

"One extra-large butter popcorn, please." I smiled at the girl who was standing behind the counter.

She didn't move though. She kept her gaze on me with a smile playing at her lips.

"Excuse me?" I said quietly.

"Huh?" She suddenly flinched, "Oh yes sorry. Coming right up!"

She kept her lingering gaze on me for a few more seconds before turning back around to get the popcorn. I heard Kit snort loudly.

"She was checking you out." He wheezed.

I just gave him a small smile.

"I don't see anything that she should check out, though." He raised his eyebrows and began to pick at his nails.

"Hey," I chuckled, "I'm hurt."

"It's true." He rolled his eyes.

"Oh really?" I turned to him and leaned my back against the counter, staring at him intently.

"Yes really." He snapped.

"I see."

"Don't be so modest of yourself just because you got the university's.." He suddenly looked up to meet my gaze and hesitated, ".. moon.."

He stared at me for a bit.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I questioned, grinning.

"You're blind. I'm not staring." He quickly shot back, as he looked back down at his hands.

"Sir. One extra large popcorn." A feminine voice made me turn back around.

"Thanks." I took it from her.

"Anything else?" She smiled, as she began to twirl her hair around in her fingers.

"Do you want any drinks, P'?" I quickly turned to Kit.

"Uh.."