Chapter 40 [] Text Messages

-Kit-

"Kit. What's with you?" Pha looked at me questionably while lowering down his pen.

"What do you mean?" I muttered, as I looked up from the blanket that I was poking at for the past ten minutes. Both Pha and Beam were in my dorm room today. We were originally planning to study for an upcoming exam that was scheduled for tomorrow, but to my dismay, I keep losing focus for some unknown reason.

"You seem really really distracted."

"I.. don't know why." I replied truthfully, looking back down at the blanket and tracing random shapes on it with my finger. We were all sitting on my bed with papers and books scattered around us.

"Maybe he's thinking about a special someone." Beam cooed.

I sighed, "I'm not thinking about Ming."

"Oh? I never mentioned anything about Ming. Is he your special someone, hm?" He smirked wider.

My face grew dark in anger.

"I'm right, aren't I?" Beam continued to chuckle.

"You-" I began.

Beam laced his fingers together and stared at me with a teasing smile, "Did you use protection, dear Kitty?"

"What the fuck did you say?" I tightened my fist.

"From someone who told me that he slept with Ming a few days ago.. I can't help it but have all sorts of vivid imaginations. After all, you're still a virgin aren't you?" He replied while sending me a wink.

I shot my fist towards him instantly, which he dodged.

"That's not what I fucking meant! How many times should I explain that to you, you deaf prick? I just spent the night with him, that's all!" I shouted.

"Calm down, Ai'Kitty. You'll disturb the whole floor."

"Ai'Kitty, my ass! Do you want to die or something?!" I snarled, finally landing a punch towards his arm.

I let out a satisfied sigh as he grimaced in pain.

"Stop teasing him, Beam." Pha rolled his eyes.

"Shia." He whined.

It has been almost a week since my last encounter with Ming. I told him that I would be fairly busy with my exams and quizzes this week and he seemed to understand. He kept insisting that I should at least chat with him for a few minutes everyday via text. I was reluctant at first as I was anxious that he might be really annoying and clingy. But to my surprise and relief, his texts were very short but meaningful. Well, if that's a way to describe it anyways.