Chapter 42 [] Secret Desires

-Kit-

I'm walking as fast as I can. I'm trying to get out of here. I don't know where I'm going. I can't see anything. All I know is that my heart isn't calming down.

I'm so embarrassed. I can't believe I did that. I don't even know why I did that. I just..

..had the urge to kiss him.

I don't know why.

I think I'm slowly going insane.

"P'Kit!" I heard Ming's voice echo somewhere behind me.

Shit.

I increased the speed of my footsteps. Suddenly, a black figure jumped out in front of me. The figure screamed a blood-curdling scream, making me gasp loudly in surprise. A dim red light began filling the room, allowing me to see the figure properly. It was getting closer.

I started backing away, eyes frozen on the scrawny black figure. All of a sudden, I felt my foot bump against something. I looked down hurriedly. A plastic dead body.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I whipped my gaze towards the advancing figure again and tried to back away. My foot bumped against the body once more. Before I could do anything, I felt myself falling. I braced myself for impact.

Nothing happened. Instead of being on the hard floor by now, I was suddenly in the embrace of warm arms.

The person holding me panted heavily, "Be careful, P'Kit!"

Shit. Shit. Shit.

".. Ming." I breathed out while steadying myself and pulling away from his arms.

"Come on." He intertwined his hand with mine and dragged me away from the room.

I saw the black figure watch me awkwardly as I let myself get pulled away by Mingkwan. As we were walking along, we passed many similar situations. People were jumping out at us with chainsaws and all that shit.

But..

My heart was beating too wildly to even focus or care. I finally saw the exit and we both headed outside.

"Ah, P'Kit. Don't run away from me like that. I got worried that you might fall on something. Thankfully, I was able to catch you on time." Ming began to talk.

"It.. it's.." I began to stutter again.