Chapter 23 [] A Distraction

-Kit-

"Kit." Pha's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I looked up from the food I was picking at. Both of us were sitting at a table in the hotel's restaurant. After my shower, I headed downstairs to find both Pha and Beam already waiting for me.

"What?"

"You seem.. distracted." He commented.

I said nothing but kept picking at my plate with my chopsticks.

"You were distracted yesterday at dinner too. Is there something on your mind?" He asked.

"Not really." I replied.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

Thank God that Beam was busy piling up his plate with food at the buffet. Or else, he would have annoyed me more with his questions.

"If there's something troubling you, I can try to help you." Pha offered.

I shook my head, "There's nothing troubling me, Pha."

"Okay." He sounded uncertain.

We didn't speak more of it because Beam approached our table, setting down a plate that had a huge amount of bacon.

"Are you going to eat all of that?" I scoffed, as he pulled out a chair and sat down.

"Yes." He grinned.

"Pfft."

"Ai'Kitty, don't you want some?" He picked a piece of bacon and waved it in front of my face.

I pushed his hand away, "Stop calling me that stupid name, and no, I don't want any bacon."

"You're just like a kitty though. You look like a kitten but you act like a-"

"Enough." I rolled my eyes.

"-lion." He continued.

"I'm wondering if they would allow me to team up with N'Yo." Pha began to stir his cup of coffee.

"Team up? Whatever for?" Beam asked.

"The afternoon competition events."

"I think they do. Last time they allowed it too. Why would they just decide to change that rule this time?" I remarked.