Chapter 21 [] The Night Sky With Ming

-Kit-

"Ai'Kit. Where have you been?" Beam asked me as soon as I joined them outside.

"In my room." I replied.

"Did your headache stop yet?" Pha asked.

"Yeah. It's better." I replied again.

After leaving Ming's room, my head began to pound. I really wasn't sure why. 

"Well, here." Pha reached over to a small box and handed me some chopsticks.

I thanked him and took them away from him. 

"Soda anyone?" Ming called to us from a table that was a few feet away. At that table, they had an assortment of sodas and juice laid out for the students.

"Me." Wayo stuck up his hand.

In seconds, there was a can of soda whizzing towards him.

"Ow!" Wayo hissed, as it hit him in the stomach.

"Sorry." Ming came back, grinning.

I had my eyes on the grill but I could see Ming's slender figure walk all the way over next to me.

"Here you go, P'Kit." He placed a can of soda next to my plate.

"Thanks." I quietly said.

I heard him flop down on a chair next to mine.

Well, shit, he's sitting next to me. It's not that I had a problem with it or anything. It's just that I couldn't get what happened earlier out of my mind.

I feel scared. 

What was that strange feeling that overwhelmed me earlier? 

I couldn't even scold him. That's not like me.

The actual me would kill him if I could. But, I didn't. I left his room without even talking about it.

This was the only thing that was occupying my mind as I ate my food in silence. Ming offered me grilled pieces of meat every now and then, which I accepted. 

It's not like I had a choice, okay? He just goes ahead and puts it on my plate. 

We didn't exchange any words though. Much to my annoyance, Beam seemed to notice.

"What's with you guys?" He raised his eyebrow.