Chapter 16 [] Road Trip

-Kit-

"P'Kitkat?" The person repeated.

"Hi.. Ming." I backed away a little bit.

"Are you okay? What happened back there?" He asked me anxiously. He looked out of breath. 

"Nothing. Forget that it ever happened," I stated bluntly, "..I have to go get ready."

I walked around him and hurried towards my room.

"Okay, na. I'll be leaving then." I heard him call out.

I quickly closed the door shut and leaned against it.

Damn. My heart is racing. It's probably because of my earlier frantic state and all that damn running though.

I quickly checked if I got everything I need. In the end, I decided to take a hoodie with me. The weather might get chilly, who knows. Then, I quickly made sure that I had enough money in my wallet. Before I locked up, I scanned the room for anything that I might have forgotten.

The vibrant red wrapper from the two Kitkat bars that were on my desk caught my eye. I walked towards my desk and looked down at them. 

Should I take them..? What if Beam teases me about it?

"Ugh, whatever." I mumbled, as I reached down and grabbed them. Then, I placed both chocolate bars in my pocket. I quickly locked my dorm room and headed back downstairs. I found Pha waiting inside the car but Beam was nowhere in sight.

"Morning, Kit." Pha rolled down his window.

"Morning." I replied, as I opened the back door and got in, "Where's Beam?"

"Oh, he said he wants to buy something. Who knows what though."

"Oh okay." I replied.

"Hopefully, we can reach there in no more than three hours." Pha looked at his wristwatch, as he tapped his hand on the steering wheel.

The only thing that I hated about these beach trips was the fact that the beach was around three hours away from our university.

"Damn." I groaned.

"You don't get carsick do you?"

"Of course I don't, you ass."

"I know I know. I'm just joking." He grinned.