Chapter 50 - New Year's News

This chapter has a mature parallel in the separate book I have created for mature scenes. Feel free to read both versions!

✨✨Please skim my authors note at the bottom... I'm a little sentimental and I promise it may not be a complete waste of your time to read. Happy 2019! ✨✨

Chapter 50 - New Year's News

— Tris

I find myself growing extremely anxious as I prepare everything for tonight.

A week ago we told my family at Christmas.

Tonight we tell our friends.

"Tobias?" I call from the kitchen, looking over the list of things we still need for tonight. "Being the pregnant one in this relationship, I think it'd be best if you got the beer from the store. I think that's all we need," I scan the list one more time questioning what other drinks we have in the cabinet.

"Okay," he calls from down the hall. I hear his footsteps and a high pitched squeak from one of Indy's toys.

"And we have to pick up his toys before tonight," I say mainly to myself.

I find myself messing with a gold plastic table cloth in its wrapping, trying to open it and get it across our island in the kitchen so food can be served on it.

"Tris," Tobias comes in and grabs the other end of the table cloth, helping me spread it across the surface. "It's barely ten and people aren't coming until seven tonight. There's plenty of time for all of this." His hand snakes around my waist as he presses his lips to my forehead. "You need to relax."

"Yeah?" I feel my voice grow seductive. His hand trails over my hair and loosens it from my ponytail. His hand on my cheek, our eyes are locked.

"Do you think you could help me with that?" He presses his lips to mine the second I finish my sentence.

We become a mess of tangled hands as our kiss escalates.

"What about the baby?" He says breathless as his hand comes between our colliding lips.

"The doctor said it was fine," I say shortly, my raging hormones practically forcing my lips onto his.

"Jump," He says when my arms find their way locked around his neck. He lifts me off the ground, his hands on my ass, as he moves us across the apartment without breaking our lips.

He brings me into the bedroom and lays me down before crawling on top of me, his hands roaming my body.

And yes, I do forget about all the things that I have to do before tonight.

+ + +

"Tobias you have to get the drinks!" I exclaim when I exit the bathroom, my hair in a towel which is wet from my shower. He has yet to leave the bed since we fell asleep hours ago.

"Yeah, yeah," he stretches as he stands up from the bed. Upon passing me to go into the bathroom he runs his hand down my hair, his hand stopping at my waist as he presses his lips to my forehead.

The next few hours before everyone arrives fly by. I spent the time mixing dips, putting chips in bowls, and putting appetizer-like foods in the oven. Tobias leaves for an hour to get the drinks and paper products at the store, and he picks up some dinner for us on the way home.

Our friends begin to show up just minutes after Tobias cleans our plates from dinner, Indy greeting our guests at the door before we even get the chance to leave the kitchen.