Chapter 67 - Probably Not

— Tris

"Tobias." I try to stare him down.
Don't go kill her.
Please don't do it Tobias.

"Tris she can't get away with this!"

I go into my son's bedroom where he is slowly rolling around looking at the things above him on the small mobile. He's getting so big that he is able to reach the one star now and shakes it around with a rattling sound.

He's been only breastfeeding really twice a day now: while I eat my breakfast, and before he goes to bed after my dinner. The rest of his meals are usually baby food and baby cereal.

People tell me that I've changed since I've become a mom, but I never really see it.

I suddenly just have an urge to hold my son to me, to nurse him. I don't know what caused it, but I just need to know that someone needs me.
Someone knows I don't do everything for the worst.

I hear Tobias walking around while Thomas and I rock back and forth in the oak rocking chair. His big blue eyes look up at mine and I feel tears run down my cheeks. He wiggles his little fingers at me, stretching them along my bare chest and moving his little legs.

I never knew love like this.
I've loved friends.
I've loved my family.
I've loved my husband.
But I've never loved someone the way I love this little baby in my arms.

I am waiting for the front door to slam shut. Tobias is storming around, and I don't want to think what he is looking for.
Please don't do something stupid.

—Tobias

If I leave her alone here, she may come here and try and attack her again.
But god I want to give her a piece of my mind.

I pace around, looking for something in particular, although I don't know what.

I think about going into the nursery and sitting with Tris and Thomas. The door is slightly ajar from when she went in there over five minutes ago, and I can't figure out what to do.

I can't believe Christina.
That bitch.

That's it. I'm going to find her.

I'm moving to the door and my hand is on the knob when there's a light tap from outside.
Taken aback, I wait for a moment when the person knocks again.

"Please," a female voice cries and I open the door.

"Rose—" I gasp when she practically falls in the door.

"I didn't know where to go," she says rushed. "She found me this morning and started yelling," she gasps. "Telling me she knew he was no good and screaming at me, and it slipped and I just found out I was pregnant this morning and—"

I pull her in my arms tightly. I've done this to Tris many times when she's gotten carried away with anxiety, and it's an embrace that would probably be painful if she wasn't panicking so much.

"It's okay," her head comes right up to my shoulder, unlike when I hug Tris. "You're safe here." I rest my head on top of hers and loosen my grip slightly as she softly cries.

"She told me to get an abortion, and that if I didn't she didn't want to see me ever again," she starts sobbing harder again and I hold her tighter again.

"That bitch," I mumble under my breath in disbelief.

I hold her for a while in our living room, and I take a moment to realize I've never held a woman like this other than Tris.
And yet, I have no doubt that she will be even slightly upset with me holding Rose as she shakes in my arms.
And I was right.