Chapter 53 - Getting Ready

— Tris

"Three Jacob's?" I laugh as Josh hands me the list of newly hired ambassadors.

"Jacob I., Jacob A., and Jacob D., according to their last names, I guess. You could number them, but then you might confuse Jacob 1 with your son One and that would be bad," he jokes.

I scan down the list and notice that all of the other hired ambassadors are female. Out of the eight, 3 are named Jacob, and the rest are all women which Rose is one of.

"When do they start?"

"Here's their office keys," he says. "They're all in the meeting room waiting for you."

"Seriously?" I roll my eyes at him and he laughs. I turn and walk out of the room, yawning.

I trained with Chris at three o'clock this morning, and she's getting pretty good with maneuvering the staff in her hands fluidly. It's getting harder for me to work with the staffs though, because my bump is so large.

Today's thirty weeks. Seven months of this already.

"Okay, so I was just informed you all were in here oh," I look at my watch. "About two minutes ago." I say walking into the meeting room and the eight people I face laugh. "If I had been more prepared I would've made the other seven of us ambassadors actually show up on time this morning and give you a proper greeting, but I'll be honest and say it's probably better this way anyways." My mind flashes to a memory of when I was first deemed an ambassador and everyone was rowdy and crazy or old and crabby.

All of the old and crabby's quit once we switched leadership of the ambassadors to me.
How lovely that all the crazies decided to stick around and piss me off.

"Josh handed me these keys a minute ago. Our offices are in this hall," I motion with my hand towards our hallway outside of this meeting room. "And it looks like they all have your names on them."

"Well shit," I comment at the topic of name. I'm really not that good at my job. "I'm Tris, by the way. Head ambassador, and well there's other nicknames that the other ambassadors have, but you'll catch on eventually. Now the keys..."

I call each person's name and slide the key along the table to them, all of us laughing as I call each Jacob.
One's blonde, two are brunette, but the one brunette has glasses.

"Visiting week is a big part of our job," I decide to give a brief description of what they should expect here. "And the other part is going to other faction's visiting weeks and having fun. As we get going on our next projects you each will have more specific jobs, but for now just get comfy and don't let the others scare you. They're only slightly insane... now let's go find your offices. Or, wait, any questions?"

One of the girls in the back raises her hand slightly, almost if she's too lazy to raise it all the way. She has bleach blonde hair and dark lipstick which contradict her soft kind eyes. I acknowledge her by nodding.

"Are you having a boy or girl?" She asks smiling.

"Boy," I smile back at her, automatically liking her. She sits next to Rose, and I hope that the two of them our friends.

"Anything else?" I look around and laugh at the surplus of women around the three Jacobs.

"There's three other guys, Amar, Uriah and Ben. Out of the fifteen of us, there's six guys, and half of those guys are named Jacob. Yes, we run a shit-show here," I laugh as they all follow me out of the meeting room and down the hall. Each person finds their numbered door with a key and I show them where my office is if they have questions.