Chapter 68 - No Words

Chapter 68 -No Words

— Third Person

She couldn't hide after all the attention that Christina brought to her: it was the middle of visiting week, and she was the face of her faction.

She walked through the halls that morning with her eight month old son in her arms, his small head resting on her chest as the gaze of passing people always slowed on her.

It was hard to miss the swollen nose and purple eye by even a glance.

She knew the rumors spreading: how she antagonized Christina to punch her, how all the things Christina said were true, and how she deserved the random attack.

In reality, none of them were true, and all she was was a new mother trying her best to juggle too many things.

She always poured her heart into planning and executing visiting week each time it came to Dauntless. It was the least she could do, and socially it was hard enough with her constant mourning of Ian.

But as rumors spread that week, the amount of people of different factions inside the compound seemed to become thinner and thinner.
However, she didn't know that someone was working against her— changing all the times that she scheduled and spreading fake news that certain sessions were cancelled.

It was no wonder the faction consisted of mainly dauntless with a few exceptions to visitors; the events that she planned got cancelled and she didn't even know about it.
She didn't know Kaylee was working against her, and her plans to irritate Tris were so well formulated.

—Tris

People wouldn't miss the ambassador meeting. It's the same day of the week every year. I thought to myself as the clock passed three and only my Dauntless ambassadors sat around the large table with so many bare seats.

You've got to be kidding me. I feel my anger growing rapidly, changing to anxiety.

Why do the other factions hate me so much? I didn't throw a punch this week, I did nothing!

"Just go home guys," I sigh running a hand through my loose hair. "Take a packet if you want on the way out, but it's nothing you don't already know about."

I leave the room briskly, feeling tears brim my eyes in frustration.
Why do I even bother to stay up for endless nights preparing all of this when—

My thoughts are abrupt when I hear a female calling my name.

"Tris!" I turn my head to see Sarah jogging lightly to catch up with me.

"Sorry about that," I immediately ramble in embarrassment. "I'm just so frustrated and—"

"We can forget it," she holds my forearm tightly in hers and I take a moment to forget that there is about ten years in difference between us. "Do you know what's going on, where is everyone?"

She follows me to my office and I sit in my chair. I hear the door click and her sit in one of the chairs across from me.

"I'm not the most liked person, if you can't tell," I look up from my face in hands to see her eyeing me with a concern in her light blue eyes.

"Can I ask what happened?" She motions to my face and I shake my head.

"Can you tell me what you've heard? There's so many rumors circling and I can't keep track of why people hate me anymore." I almost sadistically chuckle at the end.

"What happened to Rose?" Her voice lowers. "She was trying to tell me something yesterday, but I don't want to believe her, and I'm worried."

"Did she tell you she's pregnant?" I'm surprised my my directness. Sarah nods and I sigh.
Thank you for finally taking my suggestion to tell someone, Rose.