Chapter 59 - Time Flies

— Tobias

And our life truly began from that point on.

"Oh, baby," Tris coos, picking our five day old son up out of the crib.

"Tris, you need to take it easy," I sigh. "You're suppose to be recovering."

These past few days have been insane as all of our friends met our unnamed baby boy,

"And you're suppose to be thinking of baby names. My son won't be called 'One' his whole life."

"He probably will," I laugh and she rolls her eyes. "But I thought we had decided on a name?"

"I don't know..." she sighs and sits with the baby on her chest. She's in a tank top, so his face covers her ravens along her collarbone. "It seems too Abnegation."

"But he's Dauntless, so he makes it Dauntless," she laughs at my pathetic excuse, the baby making a sound as she rubs his back.

"What do you say, Thomas?" She whispers to the cooing baby, his deep blue eyes open and looking at me next to her on the couch.

"I don't know about you, Tris, but I think it's perfect," I wrap my arm around her shoulder, rubbing my son's small chubby cheek.

"Thomas Eaton." She smiles at me and I kiss her lips softly.

And from that point on, time flies.

+ + +

— Tris

"Chris, you have to calm down," my voice grows deep as my friend paces back and forth while I breastfeed my son in the rocking chair.

Just a month old and he's already grown so much.

"Easy for you to say, you're the younger child," she scoffs and I roll my eyes at her. Looking down at Thomas I smile, his big eyes looking up at me.

"Are you even listening?!" She raises her voice and I look up from my son.

"Lower your voice, would you?" I keep my voice at the same normal volume it has been since she showed up.

She gives me a look that she is about to loose her shit and I glare at her.

I was feeding Tom before she was here.
I was busy.
I can't give up all my time to be at her every need.

"If you can't tell," I motion to my chest. "I was doing something before you showed up. Now go in the living room and wait until he's done please. I can't deal with both of you being upset at the same time," my voice is tense.

She sighs, leaving the room and Thomas squirms, releasing my breast. I fix my shirt and put him in his crib, wandering through my apartment to find Chris.

She's sitting on the couch, Indy's face on her lap as she plays with the fur on his face.

Her breathing is deep and I can feel her frustration.
She has to understand that I'm busy sometimes.

"I just can't believe she's been dating someone for that long, and she hasn't told me," she looks up at me and I see her red eyes. "We use to be close, and now I feel like I barely know her."