Jin- Wings

You sat in the white room of the hospital, in a comfortable bed with your head laid back against the white pillow behind your neck. You took slow and deep breaths as you hear the heart monitor next to you, counting your heart beats until the last one occurs.

Hospitals always scared you. They smelled of death, cleaning supplies, and hot tears from family members who just found out a loved one has died. 

You move you head to the side and see your husband, the father of your child, and the love of your life Jin, sitting there in a wooden chair his fingers interlaced with yours and pressed to his lips as he watches you, almost afraid to breathe. "Hey there." He whispers. His eyes glazed over from the tears. He looked a mess. His midnight colored hair was ruffled, black rims under his eyes from the lack of sleep, his eye lids drooping, and pale from the lack of food.

"Hey..." You whisper. 

Perhaps how would be a good time to backtrack.

You were 24 years old, just graduated from high school, and only 2 years ago you gave birth to your daughter who you had with Jin. You were diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 19, but they told you it was not too high and that you most likely wouldn't notice it if you kept on certain medication.

Boy they were wrong. 

Now you're laying on your death bed, 5 years later, being told you only have days, no, hours to live, when you should be starting to live your life with your husband and child. Since you were admitted to the hospital, Jin hasn't left your side. 

No scratch that. Ever since your first date, Jin has never left your side. 

Jin plays with your fingers and twists your wedding band trying to find something to fill the silence between you two. Your eyes get droopy and Jin places a hand on your cheek, rubbing his thumb underneath your eye, wiping tears that were unconsciously dropping from your eye.

"Y/N... can you hear me?" Jin whispers. You nod, too weak to even say the word yes. He rises from his head and walks across the room, returning with your 2 year old child Y/C/N and placing her hand inside of yours.

Her hand felt warm, full of life and purpose, where yours felt cold.

Dead. 

Jin places his hand on your face once again, a single tear falling from his eye. He tried his best not to let the rest fall, for he did not want to cry in front of his daughter. He always tried to be the strongest, especially in rough situations. 

But this was an exception. 

"Mommy." Your daughter calls. Jin brings her to your embrace as she rests her head in the crook of your neck, listening to your heartbeat.

Or, listening to the sound of your heart breaking. You kiss her head and sit her on your lap so she faces you. "Sweetie." You whisper, gathering her attention. "Mommy?" She asks. 

"Mommy, has to.... go away for a little.... while okay?" You whisper, voice cracking. You look over to Jin, visible tears starting to pour from his eyes. His heart was breaking. And that was the last thing you ever wanted to do to him.

"When you be back?" Your daughter asks in her 2 year old language. You felt the lump in your throat grow bigger as you choke out your response.

"Mommy is not sure sunshine. But promise you will be there for Daddy okay?" You ask her, not even sure if she understood or comprehend what you were saying. In merely 10 years she shouldn't remember these words.

He throws herself into your arms as you feel her arms wrap around your neck and her ponytails tickle your nose. "I love Mommy." She says into your neck as you look up at Jin. "I love Mommy too." He says as you give your daughter to your husband and he gives her to a nurse to remove from the room.

As she leaves with your child, you come to realization that you will never see her again. And that caused you to shatter.

Before you let another tear escape your eye Jin pulls you into his arms and you both cry into each other as you use what's left of your strength to grip onto his shirt. "I don't want to die." You say through your cries.

"I don't want you to either." He responds through his tears as he cups your face, bringing you into a kiss. "Do you need anything else?" He whispers. 

You start to respond as you feel your breath hitch and you grip onto Jin's shirt feeling your vision go in and out. He cups your head, tears continuing to cry but begins to sing.

"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..." He sniffs, pressing his forehead onto yours, feeling your grip on his shirt begin to get weaker. 

"You make me happy, when skies are grey." He whispers running his thumb under your eyes, wiping away your tears as he rocks you back and forth.

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you."

You feel black spots cloud your vision and ringing in your ears as Jin faded from your vision and your breathing slows.

"Please don't take, my sunshine away." Is the last thing you hear before you pass in his arms. 

He lowers his head, bringing his lips to your forehead and a tear falls from his eye onto your lips.

"My Sunshine away."

-END-