Jimin- Angel

It was the middle of the night. Jimin had your back pulled close to his chest and his chin snuggled into your neck and you could hear his light breaths as he slept soundly. You felt so safe in your boyfriends arms as his muscular arm was wrapped around your torso. 

You smile to yourself as you slink your hand down, interlocking your hand with his as he adjusts himself in his sleep. This was perfect.

Suddenly, you hear low cries from outside your bedroom and down the hallway of your house. You felt Jimin inhale as he woke up and rubbed his eyes, before kissing your head. "What time is it?" You ask, your voice sounding raspy as you sit up. Jimin reaches over to the nightstand picking up his phone and turning it on. "It's 3:00am." He whispers running his fingers through his hair sleepily, as the cries start to get louder of your newborn just down the hallway.

You and Jimin just became parents 2 weeks ago and parenthood was starting to take a toll on your lives. You had a beautiful daughter named Hei-Ran, meaning a graceful orchid. Jimin chose it. Graceful orchid. I agreed because the grace in the meaning of her name represented how graceful Jimin danced as he took ballet. And orchid to represent purple, the colors in his Serendipity music video. Serendipity, which meant an occurrence of events caused by chance with happy results.

I could not be more happy with my daughter. Perhaps the circumstances weren't as we wished, I wasn't planning on getting pregnant yet, we were only 24. 

But that doesn't change how I feel about Jimin. And about Hei-Ran. 

I sigh and throw off my covers, putting on my slippers as I feel Jimin's hand around my wrist pulling me back into bed. 

I feel his lips against mine as he pulls back and smiles. "I got her. Don't worry, you rest." He whispers kissing my forehead ushering me back into bed. You close your eyes and cup his face before whispering thank you.

You tuck back into bed as you see your boyfriend open the door to your bedroom, making his way to your daughters nursery where you could hear her cries. You rub your eyes trying to stay awake to see how Jimin would handle Hei-Ran. Jimin always loved kids but he was so afraid about being a Dad so young, as he would feel not strong enough to care for his child successfully. 

After you gave birth to your daughter, the doctor asked if Jimin wanted to hold her.

And he shook his head with wide eyes. 

Come to find out later that he was so scared he would hurt his daughter, the thing he cherished most at that moment. It took him 3 days to be able to hold his daughter sound asleep, and now he was going to her nursery to check on her.

And you couldn't be more proud. 

You smile to yourself at the thought and toss the covers off the lower half of your body before you creep out of your room and down the hall to the nursery.

The door was open a tad, so you look into the room.

You see Jimin standing over the crib, at the crying infant, with wide eyes, and hitched breathing. Your eyebrows burrow in confusion as you see your boyfriend horrified on what to do with a crying baby. You gulp as you enter the room and place a hand on Jimins shoulder. He turns to you, his eyes glazed over with tears that haven't fallen yet. "Baby..." You start as he rapidly shakes his head.

"I can't do it. I'm so sorry Y/N I don't want to hurt her." He squeaks out before wiping a tear that fell down his cheek. You cup his face and place a kiss on his lips before placing your forehead against his. Even with your daughters loud cries in the back ground, it was only you and him.

"You got this. She wants her father Jiminee." You whisper wiping a tear from his cheek. 

He looks back at the crib and takes a deep breath looking at the crying child in the crib before he reaches into the crib, placing one hand under your daughters head and the other under her bottom and ever so slowly lifts the crying infant out of the crib.  Cradling her in his arms., as if she was made of cracked glass. Seeing him hold out daughter, OUR baby, well it was one of the most beautiful things a mother could see.

Hei-Ran almost instantly stopped crying once Jimin picked her up. Once she calmed down, Jimin finally breathed out and seemed less tense. This was the first time he really got to look and admire his daughter with me. He placed her head against his bare chest as she fell asleep with her small hand wrapped around Jimin's finger making him smile so large.

You wrap your arms around his waist from the back, resting your chin on his shoulder and looking at your and his baby in his toned arms. "She looks like you Y/N." Jimin smiles, rocking her back and fourth. "She has your plump lips Oppa." You whisper, running your thumb down her smooth cheek.  Jimin turns, facing you, and placing his lips upon yours then rests his forehead against yours with a smile.

"I'll get better. I'm still new at this." He smiles sheepishly looking back at the sleeping baby in his arms. You sigh and run your hand up and down his arm in a comforting way as you two just stand there, admiring your baby girl with the moonlight shining through the window.

"Whatever happens, good or bad Oppa, promise me you'll still be here." You say, securing your arms around Jimin and resting your head on his back, listening to his heartbeat before he turns to face you. "I promise Jagi. I love you." He smiles then looks down at Hei-Ran as she yawns, now sound asleep.

"I love you both. My angels." Jimin whispers kissing his daughter on her head and then kissing you, as you smile, filled with love.

-END-