3 - The Guy[Edited✅]

***

"You must be the daughter." a deep voice mutters. It holds authority and sends a chill of fear down my spine. Like hell I'm going to show it on my face.

I turn to the voice and instead of the spill of rude words my brain has conjured up, "Oh," is all that comes out.

A man. He sits on the couch that I usually sit on. He's dressed in a completely black and very expensive looking suit. On his right hand I take note of the bits of tattoo that shows. On his left he wears an expensive looking watch.

His dark hair is perfectly slicked back and his dark eyes intimidate everyone in the room. He has a lip ring on and a few rings on his fingers too.

His whole look screams 'I'm bad'. A badass. A thug. Whatever the hell he is, he is freaking hot. And whatever the hell he wants, he won't get it from me.

"What do you want from me?" I ask slowly,taking note of all the buff men in our small home. They make it look smaller.

"It's not what I want from you, but from her." he points the gun he was swinging around to my mother once again. Then he looks back at me, "And if she doesn't give me my shit, both of you are going to die." he has a bit of a British accent too.

I lick my dry lips. Could this day get any better?

I calm my racing heart and turn to mother, "Mom, what have you done?"

She doesn't look drunk or very high but with the way she's itching, I know that her craving is back.

She doesn't answer, "Mother, please. I promise I won't be mad." I sit in front of her on the carpet, "Just tell me what you did. We can fix this." I say tiredly.

Honestly, my brain hasn't properly digested the fact that there's a man with a gun in my house. All I want now is to sleep.

She looks at me, a helpless look on her face, "I made a loan." she says.

A loan? "Alright. And how much did you ask for?" I ask slowly, not sure if I really want to hear the answer to that.

"$300 000."she whispers.

My eyes are literally rolling on the floor,"Th-thr-three hundred th-thousand?!"

Now I'm awake!

I stand up, my heart rate increasing. Breath. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. My hands start shaking. It's happening again.

I shove past one of the buff men, rushing to the cabinet where all the detergents are and take my box of pills. I pop one in my mouth and breath.

After the dizziness leaves me, I look at the woman who is supposedly my mother.

"What the hell did you do with $300 000?!" I scream through my teeth, trying hard not to be angry.

"I paid your university fees." she tries to lie her way through this.

"Bullshit!" I scream, "I earned a scholarship and the rest i paid with my hard earned money. Me. What. did you do. with. the money?"i ask her very slowly.

When she doesn't answer, I do it for her," You used it for drugs, didn't you? "

I could strangle her. Shoot her. Suffocate her. Kill her. But I don't. Because she's my mother and I have that little respect left for her.

Her defense walls immediately shoot up, "I needed it. I was desperate."

"And I needed you. I was desperate for a parent. But that shit was more important to you than family. I thought we said we were done with that life. You were supposed to leave it behind." I say, almost scolding her like a mother scolds her child when she steals.

" I couldn't. That life runs through my veins! That stuff you call shit, is my family. I had nothing-"i stop her right there.

"Nothing? What was I ? Hmm? For six years, six years, I was forced to work 3, 4,5 jobs! to earn money for your broke ass! To make sure we have a roof over our heads, we have food to eat, and clothing on our bodies. I could've left, I could've left and started my own life, gotten a degree in university and have a proper job by now. I could've been married and have a family of my own. But I chose you. I fucking chose you! I always did. I skip breakfast and supper every day so that I can cook up something wholesome for you to eat. Everything you have, everything you wear and everything in this house is mine. Mine! It's here because of me. " I lower my voice as I feel the tears starting to form,"Even the drinks you get drunk with, it's with my money that you pay for it. So do not give me that bullshit about no one being there for you. "I pant, turning my back to her with my right hand on my hip.

I refuse to cry for her.

"Well all I ever really needed was your father." she says and my breath halts. I look down ashamed. Did she really just say that? I swallow the lump in my throat.

"Did you pay anything off?" I ask.

She looks away. Where the fuck do I get $300 000?

"Enough with this shit. I want my money now." the deep voice says from behind me. His voice is emotionless and blank.

I turn to him, knowing that my mother cannot pay it. We just don't have it.

"Come on. Can't you give us another 6 months or a year or two or three or four?" I try.

He looks at me dryly, "She had a year to pay it and unless you two want to say hello to your daddy up there, you'll pay."

He swings his gun. I turn to mother, biting my lip, "A year?"

She doesn't even bother to look ashamed.

"There has to be another way. We just don't have that much." i whisper, on the verge of crying at how horrible my life is.

"That's terrible." he says sarcastically. Then he points the gun in mother's face and clocks the safety off. My eyes widen.

"Stop please." i beg. This is the part where me making a decision comes in. A decision that will change my life forever.

Am I willing to sacrifice my life, for this woman? Am I willing to give up everything for her wasted life to continue living?

"If you kill me, she'd still have to pay it, won't she?" I just make sure first.

He chuckles, "What? You're suggesting a life for a life?" he asks.

"Will you accept?"i ask.

"No."

" OK then. What if-what if you take me as prisoner and in such a period of time,if she doesn't pay, you just kill me instead." I offer. What the hell am I doing?

I feel the sharp sting of pain in my stomach but I ignore it. I didn't take my pills.

"And enlighten me, what the hell do I do with you?" he asks calmly but his tone of voice is scary. As if he's scolding at me for giving a shit offer.

"You just keep me as hostage. You have something that she wants and unless she gives what you want you don't return hers. Which is me."

He actually looks like he's considering it.

Then he stands up. Shit, he's tall. His scent immediately fills the air and I breath it in greedily. That is some expensive cologne.

"Three months." he says.

"What? That's an impossible amount of time to pay that much money off." i start to say but when I hear a gunshot, my heart jumps and my heart sits in my throat.

I turn and see a hole in the ground right next to mum's leg.

"I don't give a fuck if you have to rob a bank, kill a man, sell your things or even yourself. In 90 days, I want my money." then with a wave of his fingers his men moves out of the house and the cars start.

"Transfer it to this account." he puts a page with a neat handwriting of numbers on it. My mother is now standing as she takes the page. I've already looked at it anyway.

Then he grabs my arm and after a disappointed glance at my mother, I leave with the guy.

________________________