7 - For The First Time[Edited✅]

***

I literally jump and turn to the voice that scared me.

The room is dark so my hand goes to the wall where the switch is. I flick it up and the light goes on.

I now see who it is. Eric.

"How was your little run Nikita?" he asks lowly.

"What are you doing here?" I ask slowly. I'm worried because I wasn't in the room and the door was locked. Maybe I can lie it off.?

"Last I checked, it was my house that you're living in." he leans back on my bed- his bed, his hands keeping his back from touching the mattress, "Where the hell were you?"he snaps, the low and lean exterior gone.

"I think you know. There are cameras in the hallway and why else would you be in my room?" I lean my back against the door. Now I'm done acting like I did something wrong.

I noticed the cameras watching me. It's not huge. In fact it's really tiny. It wasn't exactly in the walls or on the ceiling but rather in the intricate portraits.

"If I were you I'd watch my pretty little mouth." he warns.

"Are you threatening me Eric Foster?" I ask slowly.

"You bet I am. Now sit your pretty little ass down and answer this. What the hell were you doing out of this room?" he stands up from the bed. I feel more intimidated now because his height is towering.

I take a seat on the bed quietly and look down at my hands that rests between my legs.

"Answer the question." he scolds me. Am I three? What the hell?

"I-I couldn't eat knowing that there are people that I know freezing to death and dying of hunger. So I gave them comforters and bottled water." i say quietly.

"Not to mention knocking two of my men out after befriending one." he adds.

"And that too." i whisper.

"And what exactly justifies what you did?" he asks.

I stand up immediately, glaring at him furiously, "I don't know. Maybe the fact that I probably just saved 8 people of dying from pneumonia and starvation! Do you not have a heart? I've been in there for a week, it was horrible. Abby was there for three years. And she's a survivor."

He glares right back at me. And to say that he looks furious is an understatement. I am kind of feeling afraid right now. Of what he might do. Of what I might do.

"You better show me some more respect. You are living under my roof as my prisoner. I demand more respect from you. Nothing justifies what you did. Absolutely nothing. You will get punished for this." he shouts at me. His deep voice roars in the four walls of the room causing thunder to erupt in my mind.

I don't know what the hell possessed me to backchat him, again, "I do respect you Mr Foster." i say softly with a gentle voice, but it hardens when I say what I say next, "And you can punish me however you want. But I will not get on my knees and beg for forgiveness from you for giving someone warmth and hydrating their parched throats. I'm not sorry for that."i finish lowly.

All this shouting is putting pressure on me. And right now I'm feeling so dizzy. I try hard to stand and I don't know if it's my brain fucking with me, again, or if it's really surprise and shock on his face.

"Go to sleep Nikita. " he says then leaves.

Thank you.

As soon as he leaves, I collapse on the bed,panting hard.

Eric POV

When I exit the room, I lean my back on the door. There's something about this girl.

I hire only the best of men and she took both of them out easily. She didn't even have to fight them.

I watched her from the surveillance cameras which are very well hidden and she's the first stranger to spot them.

She's really fast, swift, flexible, and honestly she's no pushover. Really hot too.

I thought she was going to try and escape but instead she went through all that effort to give water and comforters to my prisoners?

She's no ordinary girl. No.

I walk back to my room then get on my laptop. I type in her name. Nikita Epson. Nothing. I frown. Only her name. No picture. No date of birth. No records. Its like she isn't even real. Who the hell is she then?

I usually do my research on who the people I keep prisoners but I didn't bother with her since she was less important than anyone else I have here. But now... Now she changed my whole perception of what I saw her as.

Questions are reeling through my mind like a fast roller coaster ride.

Is she working undercover? For a rival gang? The police?

Something clicks in my mind. Usually I don't ask for help but if there's one person who can find out who she is, it's my guy, Vince.

No I'm not gay. He is one of my closest friends. Huge player and the biggest ass hole you'll ever meet.

I get on the phone with him and I can hear the loud sound of the noisy psychedelic music in the background.

"Hey man." he greets, luckily fully sober.

"Hey. I need a favor." i get straight to the point.

"Straight business for now. Alright. What can I do for ya?" he chuckles, his voice serious and his Australian accent thick. I hear the music lower down.

"Yeah. I need you to search on who the hell Nikita Epson is." i say staring at the screen as if something would just pop up if I stared hard enough.

"Alright. Just don't hang up." he says. I hear him typing and singing softly along to the music.
That horrible music.

After about fifteen minutes passes, my patience grows thin, "What the hell man? What's taking so long?" I ask frustrated.

If there's one thing you should know about me is that I'm very impatient. So don't ever take me shopping or eating out if it means I have to wait for the food.

"Sorry man. She doesn't exist. I don't find any record of Nikita Epson besides her date of birth and her age which is 20. There are no details on her parents either. Sorry dude."

Nothing? Absolutely nothing?

"Nah man. It's okay. Thanks anyway." i sigh frustratedly.

"Who is this girl anyway?" he asks being curious.

"You do know that if I knew I wouldn't ask you, right?"

"Oh. Right. Well I gotta go." he speaks as if he's in a hurry.

"Yeah. I'll see you around." i say then end the call.

If Vince can't even find her then how the hell will I find out who she is?

Perhaps by her? No. I was too harsh on her. And besides, I don't get friendly with my prisoners.

What if I blackmail her? No. How? She's here because she needs to be. She won't leave. I witnessed it tonight. She had a chance and she blew it. She threw it in the trash.

I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. For the first time.

***