32 - Catchup [Edited✅]

***

The limo slowly comes to a halt and my nerves kick in. I inhale.

A squeeze on my hand turns my focus to Eric, "It'll be alright. You don't need to do anything."

I nod, "That's not what I'm afraid of. I'm afraid of what I might just do when I lay my eyes on him." slowly I feel myself becoming numb and ignorant to the feelings.

"What did this guy ever do to you?" Eric suddenly asks.

I don't answer him. I get out of the limo and my game face takes its place.

I walk in without Eric. Right after they scan my face, code and search for weapons, I enter a jolly ball, where soft music plays.

"You guys made it. Welcome." the voice through my earpiece says.

"No time for jokes Vince. Let's get this show on the road. Ben, go." Eric says, his voice stone cold.

"We need to get to the 40th floor, only reserved for this Thomas guy, it's where all his shit goes down. There are at least twenty security guards on this floor alone, and at each elevator that takes us to floor 40." Ben explains.

My ears hear him but my eyes search for that bastard.

"So what you're saying is that there is no way of us getting to 40?" Vince asks.

"You didn't let me finish. There's this thing called stairs. It's in the door next to the male's room. And Nikki, I've got a job for you."

"What is it?" I ask.

"Guys, if you want to be on the floor by the time we get there, you might want to move now. Also, there is a secretary lady on that floor so watch out. As for you Nikita, the only way we can get to what we want is with his hand. So you need to lure Mr Banderas in with your charm and awesome looks. "

" Hold up. Are you saying that Nikita, my Nikita has to flirt with some old guy?" Eric asks with distaste," It's not happening."

And that is when I roll my eyes. So possessive.

"It's not like she's going to do anything with the guy." Vince snickers.

"I still don't agree with it." Eric argues.

"Well I'm doing it and that's the final decision." I smile fakely. When my eyes catch a hold on his disgusting face, memories come back.

"Fine but be careful love." Eric sighs. It's weird that he's just agreeing with my decisions. Perhaps it's because he knows that I'm irritated.

I shut out the disgusting memories and my eyes search for Thomas Banderas. He makes his way to the bar. I head that way too.

When I'm standing next to him and no one else is lingering around, I can't help but ask,"Do you know what if feels like to be down six feet?"

He turns to me and I look to the bartender,averting my gaze, "Excuse me?" he asks. His voice is rough as it has always been.

"Nikki. Focus." Ben orders, probably sensing that I want to break this guy's neck.

I roll my eyes and turn to him, "I asked the barman for a Brandy, two fingers neat." I face the barman, and fake a smile, "Please."

That was a great save.

"Oh," the guy next to me says, "It sounded almost as if you said... You look familiar. Have we met before? " he suddenly says. My heartbeat increases.

"Have you seen me anywhere or at any stage in your life Mr Banderas?" I ask him with a slow, low voice that just came out of nowhere.

"I'm trying to recall. I don't think so. You look like someone I once knew." he shakes his head.