33 - Fall [Edited✅]

***

"No!" a female voice screams from the door.

I turn my head. Who in fuck? She has beautiful brown hair and is dressed in a blue sequenced gown.

"Who the hell are you!?" she scowls.

"Love?" Eric comes rushing to where we are. "Who the hell is this?" he frowns at the girl. He better not be hitting on her.

"Daddy who are these people?" she rushes to her father touching his bloodied face.

"Baby you have to leave." uncle Tom begs her. He has a daughter?

But she died.

"Mel?" I whisper more to myself but the girl hears.

"How do you know me? And what do you want from us?!" she screams in anger.

My eyes suddenly feel like a dripping tap. All it wants is to let go.

"Mel, it's me. Nikki." my bottom lip trembles and I drop the gun.

Her eyes widen and she steps forward, "Nikita?" then she laughs. She runs forward hugging me. I want to push her away but I've missed this so much. I hug her back.

"Woah woah woah woah. Woah!" a series of 'woahs' comes from the door to my left. "What the hell is going on here!?"

I pull away from Mel and turn to look at Ben. She looks at him too. And then the night comes back in flashes. It comes back for all three of us.

"Benny!" Mel laughs looking at Ben. I see the hurt in her eyes though.

Ben clears his throat a bit awkwardly, "Mel." his jaw tenses when he looks at me , "You lied to me!" About her death, my mind tells me.

A single tear rolls down my cheek. I wipe it away furiously.

"I thought you were dead?" I whisper to her.

Suddenly she laughs, "What!? No! After that night, dad said we should move to get away from it all."

I look at Ben and realisation, logic, washes over us. I don't stop my feet as it walks over to Thomas, I don't stop the constant punches that ruin his face. Like he ruined my life.

A pair of hands pulls me back."Let me go!" I scream at him.

"Ssshhh." he hushes me, "Calm down love." he whispers in my ear, his lips brushing against my ear. It does help calm me down but fuck! I'm still furious.

I shove his hands off my waist.

I can't do this anymore. "What the hell Nikki!?" Mel steps in front of her father.

I ignore her, moving her out of my view from his fucked up face, "You're going watch me take away everything you love, just like you did with me." I tell him.

He shakes his head, "What are you talking about?" he asks, acting all clueless.

"Watch me." I breath out. My throat feels clogged as I tell her. "Remember that night, Mel?...." I start off and continue....

We walk back in silence. Now and then Mel would giggle at the things that Ben whispers in her ear. I totally feel like the third wheel here.

Mel, my silly best friend, is so lucky and so is Ben. They have each other.

"Guys! What the hell? Could you do this when I'm not around?" I ask, not so kindly.

"Don't be jealous Poky." Ben pokes me in my side making me laugh.